2 dr JK stretch

JK_Byron

OvrDose
Well, got a winter project done thanks to Chris. (Novacayne75)
Stretched my 2dr JK to an even 102 from 96 inches…
Used an Artec rear truss for the 3link.
River Raider fenders for the rear.
Everything else was fabricated by Chris and his son from Buckeye Performance here in the Asheville area.
Pics are in order from start to finish
Hope you like the pics…
1st.JPG

2nd.JPG

3rd.JPG

4th.JPG

5th.JPG

6th.JPG

Any questions let me know.
Thanks

Last edited:
8th.JPG
9th.JPG
10th.JPG
7th.JPG

12th.JPG
13th.JPG
14th.JPG
15th.JPG
11th.JPG

17th.JPG

18th.JPG

19th.JPG

20th.JPG

16th.JPG

Last edited:
21st.JPG

22nd.JPG

23rd.JPG

24th.JPG

25th.JPG

Attachments

• 20th.JPG
    20th.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 591
Looks great

Looks good, what size tire?

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

Thanks... 37's.

Still to be added are some limit straps for the rear.

Dude, that has "awesome " written all over it. I can't wait to find the pink on it!

FYI..... its not always a solid pink.

That thing is awesome Byron, can't wait to see it on the trail.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Curious about the rear suspension setup...Is there something in the way of 4-linking the rear on a JK? Looks like the 3-link with panhard flexes pretty good though.​

Edit: gas tank?

Curious about the rear suspension setup...Is there something in the way of 4-linking the rear on a JK? Looks like the 3-link with panhard flexes pretty good though.​

Edit: gas tank?
Yep they just had to put a gas tank in the way but on the positive side its not in the way when you want to stretch a jk.
I can't see any downsides to a 3 link other than having the track bar.
I already have a plan in mind for an "A" arm setup that would do away with a track bar.

JK looks great!

The 3 link gives me an idea for the rear of my grand. It has the factory very short 4 link with a track bar (or panhard). Gas tank is also in the way of a true long arm 4 link.

Awesome work!

WOW, looks killer, how well do the shocks work laid over at such an angle though? Not bashing, just curious.

photo 1.JPG
photo 4.JPG
WOW, looks killer, how well do the shocks work laid over at such an angle though? Not bashing, just curious.

Actually, it did very well, much better after the stretch... You are not the first person to bring that up with the shocks... Kinda have to deal with it for right now, but when I can that issue will be resolved...

Last edited:
Why didn't you just triangulate the uppers and put two upper link mounts on the axle?

You would have to relocate the fuel tank to triangulate the rear. The fuel tank is under the passenger side and stretches back pretty far, as you can see in one of the pics above.

What kind of springs are you using? A revalve on the shocks can probably help with the dampening until you can get them mounted a little more efficiently

What kind of springs are you using? A revalve on the shocks can probably help with the dampening until you can get them mounted a little more efficiently

I have 3in Ploy Performance springs. I'd be happy to except any advice from you guys with that... I've seen your guys work and it's freaking awesome!

Back