Chevy K3500 Kodiak Conversion

dackers

Ok, so this is in the planning stage. I would love to convert my 2000 K3500 Chevy Crew Cab Dually
Dually.PNG

into one of these monsters
Chevy Conversion 2.jpg

Chevy Conversion 1.JPG

Chevy Conversion.jpg

There ar alot of conversions out there that people do taking a Kodiak or Top Kick and putting the dually bed on. I want to take my 3500 and add the front clip. So far here is what I'm thinking:

1. Chevy Kodiak front clip
2. Rockwells front and rear
3. 454 swap to 6bt

Any ideas and thoughts?

So that over a Rockwell up front?
I think you'll be happier with it. Rocks have the gearing and brakes setback where super duty axles do not. I spotted a set of 10 lug 550 axles (60 front, dana 110 rear) in a junkyard a few weeks ago in great shape. They were 4.30 gear I wanna say and screaming to be put in something cool. They're around.

Ive seriously considered turning this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426219571.999034.jpg
into this so i can double my legal gvwr
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426219622.983700.jpg

I thought about throwing a set of f550 axles super 60 front with 4.88s and a eaton 2speed rear. 8.3 cummins heart and a rtoo9513 trans with a 5ton t case

At some point the strength of the frame will have to be considered. Big axles and big power are not all that's required to haul heavy loads.

definitely go with something bigger than a 5.9 Cummins
Any particular reason why I shouldn't do the 6 BT? They use them in 84 passenger buses, seems they would be stout enough to do what I need. If you have a legitimate reason I'll consider but the reason I thought to use this is that it seems to have enough power and its easy to get conversion parts.

At some point the strength of the frame will have to be considered. Big axles and big power are not all that's required to haul heavy loads.
I figured on this, not sure where I'll go with it until I get deeper in. I don't want to get too crazy with it but definitely want everything to hold up under pressure.

Back