S10 Blazer

ol'Jeeps

Dirty Jeeps...Done Dirt Cheap!
Thought I would post up some pics of a very nice older 4.3 S10 Blazer that we just finished. Leaf sprung 9" rear. Radius arm, coil spring, Ford 44 in the front. Gears and rear locker for that occasional offroad excursion. Just enuff lift to clear the 35s! Added some heavy duty sliders and a front winch/hitch bumper.
20140811_163844.jpg
20140811_163857.jpg
20140811_163928.jpg

I like that a lot. All the storage room you would ever need in a trail/expedition wheeling rig with bulletproof drive train to boot. So much better platform than a Cherokee size for size.

I was having a dilemma for a while with myself about whether I should do something like this to my 85 S10 (reg cab, long bed) or if I should go the mean, sleeper, street truck route....I decided to stay 2wd to keep drivetrain cost down so I can sink more money in the motor :D Twins on a 4.8 should move it along nicely!

That things just looks so perfect though! The Firestones help keep the old school look too, especially with the white letters!

I'm thinking of building a 2000 s10 Blazer. It is currently 2wd. Haven't decided yet on what axles to go with. Probably the cheapest I can find then go from there.

Back