School bus conversion/crawler hauler

yota21

Got a deal on a bus so I figured it would make a great hunting rv/crawler hauler it's a 95 with the t444e an Alison 545 auto ran great drove it 4hrs home. Here's a pic on the way home.
image.jpg

Got her washed an painted the bumpers an wheels luckily the seats were already taken out by the previous owner just gotta rip the rubber floor out
image.jpg

So what's the plan with this thing? I Can't wait to see it

Next was the most important part of all took the muffler off an put a set of diesel stacks on from a truck I bought a while back. I didn't like them in the truck so I removed them an put them up for a Rainey day. So what I did was lay them down flat an made them come out the back like duals turned out great an they fit like they were made for a bus lol just had to fab a few brackets up sounds damn good goin up the highway
image.jpg
image.jpg

Plan is basically to convert to rv for hunting season an to tow my crawler to wheeling spots so we'll have a place to sleep. Gonna do laminate floor take out some windows a/c an heat bunk bed in the rear small fresh water supply to brush teeth an wash off with tv fridge dinner booth insulate the walls an paneling. Gonna wire it for 30amp service an build a place on the rear to lock the generator up so I can fire it up an have a/c driving up the road. Gonna paint it desert tan an add a tranny cooler for the at545. That's just a start I'm sure so stay tuned!!

Duals look sweet!! Was just thinking, could you paint the windows from the inside and panel over them?

Yea u could do that also but I'm gonna take them out an sheet metal over the holes on the outside so it will look somewhat more like a rv than a school bus plus some of the windows leak a little when it rains an rattle like hell while driving lol

What type of floor is that? You glue it down? Looks great.

I always thought they never really turned out that great but this one is staring to change my mind.... Looks Good!

Thanks guys I'm gonna make it nice an neat but not goin all out with it spending a ton of money. Just want it to be efficient an comfy. As for the floor a guy I know does it for a living an he had this leftover from a job so I got it for free an he even came over an helped I bought the beers of course!!! It was tounge an groove hardwood

I'm actually starting it now all these things I did last year for hunting season im just posting all this to get it caught up to now but yea windows are coming out now so those pics will be up soon

Next was the a/c I was gonna do a roof top 12kbtu but I came to realize their to expensive plus wanted to build a platform on the roof to stand on at the races. So I found a 12k btu window unit on sale with built in thermostat at lowes. I got out the plasma an made a window for it then fabbed up a quick bracket to support it. It turned out better than I thought it would I wanted it up high an out the way so I put it above the door. I saved about 300 bucks doing it this way an now it won't be in my way for the roof platform:sniper:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Plan on another AC in the front above windshield. We had the exact same set up and worked well when it was warm but felt like a oven during the 600 at Charlotte. We put the bed at the back so we were at least cool when we were sleeping.

It cools it off decent on a hott day sitting in the sun but not good enough for my liking. I'm gonna take out all but four windows an insulate the walls hopefully it will keep up then we'll see :popcorn:

Back