The Motobilt Jeep TJ 4 link kit!!!

motobilt

We know many of you have been waiting and we are excited to announce the launch of the Motobilt Jeep TJ 4 link kit as of today!
awww.motobilt.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_451cfaaf12bea839bb113a9035394bdd_c_a_cad.jpg

awww.motobilt.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_451cfaaf54e002f6ad29088e4959d0e86d2218e3.jpg

Jeep TJ 4 Link kit !

Building high quality fabricated products for offroad vehicles is the mission. The Motobilt Jeep TJ Four Link Suspension Kit consists of an assembly that mounts ot the frame and houses both the upper and lower links for the front and rear 4 link suspension. This kit was designed to make it easier to install 4 linked suspension by taking out the guess work.

The kit is fabricated from high strength CNC laser cut steel plate. The main bodies where the links bolt in and the skid are all 1/4" steel plate for ultimate strength. Some of the secondary plates to box in the link mounts and internal gusseting are 3/16" steel plate. The design comes to you fully welded and ready to install into the Jeep. Once receiving the kit you will be required to weld the parts in place. The parts are located very easily with the factory skid plate mounting holes.

Jeep TJ 4 Link kit

Last edited:
How much lower than the frame does the kit hang? It looks like it does hang low by a decent bit.
The design makes the belly smooth unlike some moving the skid flat and leaving the lowers off the bottom of the frame. It was designed to keep the link geometry correct. It hangs down roughly the same distance as the factory skid plate. This is essentially the same design we have been making for close to 3 years on the YJ. It is running on many Jeeps ranging from trail rigs with 37s to KOH rigs racing in the harshest of environments

The design makes the belly smooth unlike some moving the skid flat and leaving the lowers off the bottom of the frame. It was designed to keep the link geometry correct. It hangs down roughly the same distance as the factory skid plate. This is essentially the same design we have been making for close to 3 years on the YJ. It is running on many Jeeps ranging from trail rigs with 37s to KOH rigs racing in the harshest of environments

Wish it had a flat skid (with the frame rails) and I would consider it, I have a flat skid now and wouldn't want to go back to a belly pan that hangs low and gets caught on stuff.

Have a friend interested in this, is there any way to make it so its more of a flat belly? I can coax him into cutting the floor if need be to fit the upper link mounts

Have a friend interested in this, is there any way to make it so its more of a flat belly? I can coax him into cutting the floor if need be to fit the upper link mounts
No there is not. This Jeep YJ has the 4 link system installed on it as you can see it provides for a smooth transition to the links. The key is a smooth flat bottom. This way there are no edges or points to get caught and hang you up.
amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2014_04_project_page_green_yj.jpg

The key is a smooth flat bottom. This way there are no edges or points to get caught and hang you up.
View attachment 225144

I really like most of your stuff you make, but I don't understand the part of this statement. The whole thing can hang you up now since it sits 3ish" below the frame rail. The smoothness of the underbody doesn't matter if it hits a rock because it is hanging low and stops you.

I really like most of your stuff you make, but I don't understand the part of this statement. The whole thing can hang you up now since it sits 3ish" below the frame rail. The smoothness of the underbody doesn't matter if it hits a rock because it is hanging low and stops you.
Typically on a stock skid plate there are edges and this is what you get caught up on. I have been on many obstacles where my skid plate hit but because I had a smooth bottom I was able to slide over them where as my old skid plate would have gotten hung up on the lip or edge. It is no lower then the stock skid but now it is completely flat with no edges to grab onto. There are some suspension kits out there that have a flat belly but the link mount is not as in it hangs down below the frame rail. This then acts like a hook and you get snagged.

There is validity to all points being made here. I personally prefer the flat skid, because when I webwheel, I get high centered more often than I get hung up on the link mounts. But having the mount below the frame allows for better link packaging and flatter suspension geometry, which is also a good thing. I don't think you can go wrong either way, and theres my $0.002.

The Motobilt Black Friday Sale and Cyber Monday Blowout Sale starts NOW.

All orders over $100 will receive FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the contiguous United States.

In addition to FREE SHIPPING on orders over $100, use Code: MB-BLOWOUT for an EXTRA 20% off Motobilt products.

PS: We have also lowered the prices on ALL Motobilt Jeep LED Light Bar Mounts.
Stay tuned for an EXTREMELY LIMITED sale announcement.

Fine Print: Discount applies to new sales only. Cannot be combined with other offers or gift certificates. Order must be placed online or over the phone. Phone orders must mention code to receive discount. Free shipping in contiguous US only. If you live outside of the contiguous US, please do not choose FREE SHIPPING as an option, as you will be charged shipping regardless. Discount on Motobilt branded products only. Sale ends Monday 11/28/2016

Back