Anniversary weekend get away

obullfish

Carolina Trail Blazers
Looking to get away next weekend for our 18th wedding anniversary. Don't want to get further than 4-5 hours from the house. Anyone have any ideas of somewhere nice that has plenty to do and see? Leave noon on Friday and return Monday evening.

Chattanooga is a great weekend getaway. Plenty of nature type stuff and some cool attractions too
I've mentioned Chattanooga but she didn't seem interested. She's wanting to jump on a plane but after leaving my old career flying 100k + miles a year I'm done with that shit. Are most attractions open this time of year in Chattanooga?

They all will be open. Rock City, Ruby Falls, the Aquarium in downtown, Lookout Mountain just to name a few.
Ruby Falls really is pretty cool and the aquarium is second to none. It puts the Ripley's one to shame.
Grab some killer ribs at Big River Grille in downtown after the aquarium day

We just got back from Stone Mountain, GA. We camped in a Yurt. They are really nice and right on a lake. Weather was terrible, but we still found some breaks in the rain to get to see the mountain and the Atlanta zoo.

IMG_1800.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1821.JPG

As luck would have it I ended up sick as a dog for the anniversary getaway weekend. Pretty sure I got the Flu from a sorry sum-bitch at work last week. Only thing I'm pissed about is missing a trip to AOP with the wife. There's always next time I guess.

Back