Best Pancake Recipe

My wife convinced me to try these..."Bob's Mill 7 grain organic pancake and waffle mix" and I have to say I'm hooked. I'm used to pancakes that taste like Denny's or waffle House but these taste like I grew and ground the 7 grains. Very good with a full wholesome flavor. I prefer them with real maple syrup, pecans and Aldi butter. That Aldi butter is intense butter flavor.

My girlfriend and I just made those Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain pancakes a week ago and they were awesome! Of course she topped them with bananas foster, so that helped!

Happy Pancake Tuesday! I think we're having chicken with ours tonight!

Happy Pancake Tuesday! I think we're having chicken with ours tonight!

Chicken goes with waffles, not pancakes. :rolleyes:

Oh look, Pioneer Woman makes that. Don't you like Pioneer Woman? :D

WU1110H_Chicken-and-Waffles_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.jpeg

Chicken and Waffles

No waffle iron.

It's also not Waffle Tuesday.

Sometimes you have to pick and choose your dogmatic battles.

Waffle Wednesday. Der.

Except no waffles this Wednesday because penance and shit.

That's too bad, my commercial-grade Waring waffle iron works great at my house. With yogurt and berries, no syrup.

But wait, pancake Tuesday is an actual thing?

Pancake Tuesday is a thing. It could probably be waffles, if we had a waffle iron.

I'm not big on excessive small appliances that only do one thing, but I'm sure we could train the kids to make their own in no time. :lol:

I'm not big on excessive small appliances that only do one thing, but I'm sure we could train the kids to make their own in no time. :lol:

Have one...been used once in 4 years. Refer to threads about rarely cooking and impulsively buying excessive small appliances on whim. Also, I may have the body of a grown man, but I behave at a 4 year old level...and I was trained to use the waffle iron in about 6 seconds. The tricky part is timing the flip just right...too soon and one side won't be golden brown, too late and one side is too crispy.

I woke up this morning to the wails of hungry children who wanted pancakes. I was feeling a bit lazy and not interested in spending forever making a bunch that would end up in the freezer, so tweaked the recipe again.

1c flour
2T powdered sugar
1t baking soda
1/2t salt
1/2t cinnamon
dash ginger & nutmeg
2 eggs
1 c whole milk plain yogurt
1/4c milk
1/2t coffee
1/2 ripe banana

Medium hot pan with coconut oil. They fluffed up nice and tall and tasted like @Paul's favorite banana bread. ;) Served up with sausage and fried eggs.

been looking through alot of these recipes and have a question.

1t coffee??

What, like you just add a teaspoon of Folgers or Taster's Choice or something? Can you taste it and see it, like black pepper ?

been looking through alot of these recipes and have a question.

1t coffee??

What, like you just add a teaspoon of Folgers or Taster's Choice or something? Can you taste it and see it, like black pepper ?

Brewed coffee, Dylan.

Topping the thread in timely fashion, Pancake Tuesday is next week!

Dang, I've apparently done it all wrong...I always thought Tuesday was for tacos, among other things.... :D

I'm SO in the mood for pancakes right now...

I woke up to the sound of metal clinking on dishes this morning. Oldest (7) had found my recipe notebook and gotten out everything to make banana pancakes. She had the 4-yo mashing the bananas with the potato masher.

Fortunately, I came in before they peeled 5 bananas. The recipe says "1.5 bananas" and she misread it as "1. 5 bananas". :lol:

20181118_083833.jpg

Last edited:
I woke up to the sound of metal clinking on dishes this morning. Oldest (7) had found my recipe notebook and gotten out everything to make banana pancakes. She had the 4-yo mashing the bananas with the potato masher.

Fortunately, I came in before they peeled 5 bananas. The recipe says "1.5 bananas" and she misread it as "1. 5 bananas". :lol:

View attachment 280080
I have a 13 year old, I'll trade ya. She comes with all of the normal teenage girl drama. No way she'll ever wake up before you do...thus insuring your recipe book and bananas will be safe.:D

Back