March 25th workday

ghost

Just got this and thought I'd post up for anyone not on the email list.

Hi Everyone – I hope you’re all doing well and getting ready for opening day on March 31st. Our next work day has been switched to March 25th and we’ll meet at 9 am at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp. The projects we’ll be doing is installing & fixing split rail fencing & fixing sections of guardrail on Dickey Bell Trail, Slab Pile Trail, Wolf Den Trail and Falls Dam Trail. We’ll also have carsonite (brown fiberglass) signs to install along the trails and behind the fences for “No motorized vehicles”…

Please bring claw foot hammers and pliers and crow bars to pull old nails out of the old sections of split rail fencing we can reuse, bring work gloves, augers, post hole diggers, shovels, rock bars, & sledge hammers. I’ll have the signs & sign installation tools. I’ll also have some crews go to the stream crossings where we took the log corduroy crossings out and ask you to take the cables out of the logs. I’ll have the cable cutter and small sledge with me and we’ll have one crew go around and do that on several trails.

Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate all of your help. Bye - Terry

New guy here with maybe a stupid question......Is everyone welcome at these work days? I have never been on the trails in Uwharrie, I have been up on the service roads a few weeks ago before I knew that the trails weren't open yet. I am an Old Guy that is not as good as I once was.... So is there any light duty work to be done, my wife and I would be glad to help out, and get to meet some of yall.

Everyone is welcome. And I would say, from my observations, that one can work as hard or not as hard as they wish. Extra tools and hands always help out.

Hunt Camp is right off the paved road coming from the Outpost, in case you don't know.

I'll be there with the ghost on the trailer.... Everyone is welcome to come work. More people the more hours they can submit and the more that we can get done!

I had a great time today with you guys and gals. Think we really got a lot done, Thanks for the help that was a tough trail for my stock jk, and I think I learned quite a bit about trail riding. One thing for sure is THAT I LOVE IT!!!!!! Thanks to Curt for leading the way out for me so I could follow his line. One good thing having Sharon with me is that she thinks I need a lift and taller tires:D so don't have to convince her of that purchase. Sweet!!!!:lol: Again had a great day and met some pretty cool people. Glad we came.:usa:

Glad we got together. Enjoyed it and enjoyed meeting you. If you need any thing do not hesitate to ask. Was a great day draggin the FOU trailer through the trails and working on them.

Back