3rd gen Pathfinders

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
My wife has settled on 3rd gen Pathfinders for her next car. She's only 5' tall and a little stocky, and found that this is one of the few 3-row non-van vehicles where the proportion of seat to steering wheel to pedals fits her comfortably.
Anyway we found a single-owner '08 semi-local that is a good price, but has 127k miles. Not unreasonable for the age.

Just wondering if anybody knows of common things to look out for on this age/gen. I do know the 05-7 models had issues w/ the trans cooler in the radiator cracking and leading to radiator/trans coolant mixing, but my understanding is that's rare in 08+.

I rarely see these vehicles discussed here. Wouldn't be my first choice of car but it's up to her.

No info to speak of specifically on the 08 pathfinders, but I can tell you the issue with with the transcooler blowing out in the radiator is not specific to the 05-07 pathfinders. Both of the 2010 4.0L xterras that we deal with regularly have had the same issue. Also if 4.0L, keep an eye on the cooling fan hub/bearing, they like to come apart and take out the fan/efan/radiator/ etc.

Back