New controversy down my way....

ghost

Flag.jpg
So I came into work today and saw this...

Instagram post by @xjghost • Apr 24, 2017 at 6:07pm UTC

And after lunch I found a tv station reporter sitting in her car on my property typing on her laptop with a tripod out by her car. Sure enough it was on the 6 oclock news....

Last edited:
Ya I got it now.... Someone gotta make a fuss about something my neighbor had one right below the American flag no one seemed to care

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yea I thought that would be public. 120' flag pole with the confederate cross on top flying the confederate flag..... People need to mind their own business.

I assume if it was a Black Lives Matter flag there would be no fuss. Welcome to the land of the free 2017 edition.

Don't forget our history!!!

Saw on the news where NOLA took down a big confederate monument yesterday and was thinking oh great, let's just erase the history our forefathers died fighting.

Probably won't be long before Lee county gets renamed and they take down the confederate general in the circle @ pittsboro...

Maybe nazi Germany will sweep all their history under the rug, too.

I feel marginalized, oppressed, and segregated with all this erasing of history. Southern History Matters

I say let it fly. I had family on both sides. I support the history of the Confederate flag just as much as I do the American flag

The thing is it's an attack on more than just a flag, the white southern male is one of the biggest targets of all these interest groups, they'd just assume us all be wiped out.

The only thing that bugs me about the confederate flag is when someone is beating their chest about 'heritage' and you show them a Bonnie Blue (or any other battle flag), they have no idea what it is. And if I had a nickel for every time I saw a 'rebel flag' flown upside down, I'd have a lot of nickels.

Edit...and I don't really see how the folks that want to fly the 'rebel flag' can bitch about any other flag being flown. The CSA lost, I don't see too many folks flying British flags in the name of heritage.

For the record, I have no issue with flag, just the hypocrisy I mentioned that surrounds it.

Last edited:
For the record, I have no issue with flag, just the hypocrisy I mentioned that surrounds it.

Not singling you out....but your statement struck a nerve.

You put up a christmas tree every year? Do you realize what the origin of the "christmas tree" actually represents?

Pagan traditions: Many Pagan cultures used to cut boughs of evergreen trees in December, move them into the home or temple, and decorate them. 7 Modern-day Pagans still do. This was to recognize the winter solstice -- the time of the year that had the shortest daylight hours, and longest night of the year. This occurs annually sometime between DEC-20 to 23; most often, it is DEC-21. As the solstice approached, they noticed that the days were gradually getting shorter; many feared that the sun would eventually disappear forever, and everyone would freeze in the dark, and starve to death because of the failure of next-year's crop. But, even though deciduous trees, bushes, and crops died or hibernated for the winter, the evergreen trees remained green. They seemed to have magical powers that enabled them to withstand the rigors of winter

Is that what MY christmas tree means? No

What does that flag mean to me? It was plastered on the roof of a couple of childhood heros of mine that use to jump shit in a badass mopar...that's about it. I could give a shit what it means to Dayquan and how he's offended by it.

Not singling you out....but your statement struck a nerve.

You put up a christmas tree every year? Do you realize what the origin of the "christmas tree" actually represents?

Is that what MY christmas tree means? No

What does that flag mean to me? It was plastered on the roof of a couple of childhood heros of mine that use to jump shit in a badass mopar...that's about it. I could give a shit what it means to Dayquan and how he's offended by it.

I get your point...but I'm also not going around beating my chest on a platform about Christmas trees that I don't really understand. My entire point of my post is that the flag deserves more respect than it gets.

I get your point...but I'm also not going around beating my chest on a platform about Christmas trees that I don't really understand.

I know...and that's why I said I wasn't singling you out. I knew your intent...I just get tired of folks getting SO offended at everything (again, not talking about you) and throwing a hissy fit about nothing when in actuality they have NO understanding of the "traditional" meanings of so MANY things in their everyday life that others COULD take offense too.

I know...and that's why I said I wasn't singling you out. I knew your intent...I just get tired of folks getting SO offended at everything (again, not talking about you) and throwing a hissy fit about nothing when in actuality they have NO understanding of the "traditional" meanings of so MANY things in their everyday life that others COULD take offense too.

I gotcha. To me...when you take the pro-flag stance, and you can clearly see the middle star upside down on the flag pole of your rusted shit box, or the 'rebel flag' is the only flag you know about in your 'heritage'...you've lost all credibility. No different than me as a finance guy not knowing how to read a P&L or you as an engineer not knowing how to math. I don't expect people to be experts, but c'mon, you have to admit...usually the folks that cry the loudest about this flag, aren't the brightest crayons in the box. I stand by the right to fly it and respect what it stands for, but when your info about it is coming from a meme, pipe down. (All generically speaking, not directed at you)

The only thing that bugs me about the confederate flag is when someone is beating their chest about 'heritage' and you show them a Bonnie Blue (or any other battle flag), they have no idea what it is. And if I had a nickel for every time I saw a 'rebel flag' flown upside down, I'd have a lot of nickels.

Edit...and I don't really see how the folks that want to fly the 'rebel flag' can bitch about any other flag being flown. The CSA lost, I don't see too many folks flying British flags in the name of heritage.

Every movement or ideal has some hypocrisy in it (BLM for instance).In the age of news in a nano second we are living in the age of mis-information.

^Weird, mainly the "6 Y.O"

Probably won't be long before Lee county gets renamed and they take down the confederate general in the circle @ pittsboro...
Sometimes this makes me recall that I poured concrete for a Black Contractor, around the 80s. His last name was Lee, & his parents gave him the name General. I never thought much of it back then, neither did anyone else! I recon His parents were Proud of General Lee!
[Forgot to say he was Black. Fixed that.]

Last edited:
Sanford is Lee county and Pittsboro is Chatham county, but nonetheless Lee county got it's name from General Lee. Lots of great confederate history in the area; particularly the Avent's Ferry/Leesville Dam/etc area. My old house and land was neighbors to a Historic Registry confederacy house, and had multiple bunkers in the woods (Deep River Rd/ Deep River township) and old confederacy relics.

Now a lot of that area will be turning into the Chatham Park fruit basket/mini-Cary

Back