Random pic thread.

There's a reason that overall healthy (I didn't say skinny, thin, strong, muscular, etc but healthy) folks stick to foods with as few ingredients as possible. Real food FTW!

Fan of Dr. Furman I see

IMG_20170624_111321226_BURST001-EFFECTS.jpg

Fan of Dr. Furman I see
To be honest, I have no clue who that is.
I watched some Netflix documentaries about food choices and over all health and began applying their principles to my everyday life.

Back to the funny...post hike (hence the perspiration) with Jasper today at TSC.
IMG_20170624_112430423.jpg

I was strictly diet soda Any Way but I consumed....too much. Like I was getting into clinical mice dosing levels . 2-3 2 liters per day plus a 20 oz or 2 of diet mt dew.

First switch was to unsweet tea, just natural no sweeteners.

Then started cutting my tea with water.

Now I'm drinking roughly 1.5-2 gallons of water a day. It also helps curb my appetite .

3 weeks in to working out with a personal trainer for 60-90 minuyes 4x a week.

Running at 2,000 to 2,100 kcal/day.
Militant tracking everything I eat.

All this is driven by being fatter and un healthier than I'd ever been in my life.
If I'm being honest the weight isn't falling off as fast as I'd hope it would or as fast as it has in the past. But I'm convinced this is a permanent life style change.

I've told my entire family I'm giving this approach 100% commitment until 12/31/17...if I don't see significant changes then I'm going to binge or cocaine and crack until i aint fat, then enter rehab

Make sure you getting enough carbon (your not unless you dine with the Amish every day). Carbon is the governor of water and the body doesn't process it well without sufficient carbon levels.

Also look into calcium. It is the most abundant element in the body and one of the most ignored. If it's calcium off a grocery shelf it ain't gunna do a lot of good. Look up Daily Manufacturing. They make theirs straight from mineral deposits

Keep up the awesome work man. It will become habitual on a obsessive level in short order! (If it hasn't already lol)

:thumbs up:

Back to the point...

Some "electrician" somewhere thought that seal wasn't important.
20170624_172255.jpg

I just saw a hummingbird moth working my butterfly bushes. Don't recall ever seeing one before. Wild looking critter.

Found this pic googling what the heck I just saw.

View attachment 249443
Problem is that the hummingbird moths lay eggs and those eggs become cutworms before they turn into moths. Will devastate tomato and pepper plants (any nightshade family plant).

Ever see a skinny healthy person drinking a diet drink? Just think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diet sodas have been shown to have a similar insulin response to sugar sodas. Insulin response is the key to weight gain. The glycemic plans work so well because they keep the body from having a response to excess sugars. Drink water and eat low glycemic foods. I have lost 50lbs+ since last October.

No soda ever for me in 5 years. Water, hot tea, coffee with non sugar almond milk, water. My weakness is craft beer.

Yup, I gave up soda almost completely, same w/ coffee. Have maybe 1 of each every couple of weeks. Rarely miss it.
Now I just drink tea and water. Not even sweet tea (to much sugar), real bag-in-hot-water stuff.
For those who need caffeine but want a healthier drink, look into "Fast Lane" by Celestial Brewing (tea company in CO). Tastes good, has the caffeine of a full cup of coffee, w/o all the acidic stuff.

A side bonus is that since I'm always using hot/warm water for the teas, I've learned to be used to drinks not needing to be cold, which is way easier to maintain throughout the day.

Yup, I gave up soda almost completely, same w/ coffee. Have maybe 1 of each every couple of weeks. Rarely miss it.
Now I just drink tea and water. Not even sweet tea (to much sugar), real bag-in-hot-water stuff.
For those who need caffeine but want a healthier drink, look into "Fast Lane" by Celestial Brewing (tea company in CO). Tastes good, has the caffeine of a full cup of coffee, w/o all the acidic stuff.

A side bonus is that since I'm always using hot/warm water for the teas, I've learned to be used to drinks not needing to be cold, which is way easier to maintain throughout the day.
Non-sweetened tea is much easier to drink/learn to drink warm or hot. Seems to get more bitter as it cools.

I was strictly diet soda Any Way but I consumed....too much. Like I was getting into clinical mice dosing levels . 2-3 2 liters per day plus a 20 oz or 2 of diet mt dew.

First switch was to unsweet tea, just natural no sweeteners.

Then started cutting my tea with water.

Now I'm drinking roughly 1.5-2 gallons of water a day. It also helps curb my appetite .

3 weeks in to working out with a personal trainer for 60-90 minuyes 4x a week.

Running at 2,000 to 2,100 kcal/day.
Militant tracking everything I eat.

All this is driven by being fatter and un healthier than I'd ever been in my life.
If I'm being honest the weight isn't falling off as fast as I'd hope it would or as fast as it has in the past. But I'm convinced this is a permanent life style change.

I've told my entire family I'm giving this approach 100% commitment until 12/31/17...if I don't see significant changes then I'm going to binge or cocaine and crack until i aint fat, then enter rehab
If your making that big of a change once your metabolism kicks into burning the right stuff your going to shed big time. All that intake fooled your body into what it should burn as fuel. My wife shed 38 pounds and eats almost as much as she used to. The key for her was eating true protiens, true carbs, and the right portions. Combined with cross fit she's developed a healthy metabolism.
Of you don't see results have your thyroid levels checked.....
Me, my thyroid is over active. I burn just being alive, but a started eating and taking in too much processed sugar. This kicked in diabetic tendencies. Now I feed my face every four hours or so and pay closer attention to what goes in the pie hole. I don't want to end up on meds in my early 40's.
Now when we cheat or have a bad meal we both can tell it and feel like shit, food hangover.
Random pic....we still eat good.
IMG_20170623_181211.jpg

Last edited:
She finally decided after 2 months of deliberation. New Civic Touring Coupe 1.5L Turbo with CVT in white orchid pearl. Quick as crap man, no kidding. Has every option, nav, lane departure, back up and mirror cam, ivory leather, LED lamps and headlamps, 18" wheels. Handles like a sports car but rides like a lux boat. I think I am in love.

We went to Gatlinburg last night.I saw this hanging in a shop window.Jake tried not to laugh.
ec4e1bc11bf61341395b8aeadf14290b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Fishing was mehhh company was pretty shitty to say the least. But my trout ninja skills are getting better. @McCracken his are getting worse.View attachment 249659View attachment 249660View attachment 249661View attachment 249662View attachment 249663View attachment 249664View attachment 249665

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I still snatched lips like a boss. I believe my ninjy boots are wearing thin. I talked to my buddy last night and told him about my spill. Looks like it's time to pony up and upgrade to something with better grip.

Back