Has scrap price gone up or something?

ManglerYJ

The last couple weeks I've been having to drive through Lexington to take my kids to Welcome and we pass by the same scrap yard every day and the place has been PACKED. To the point of cars and trucks pulling off of the road into peoples yards just to allow traffic to pass. These don't look like recreational scrappers, either. These are pros with cars stacked upon cars on trailers and truck loads of scrap. Worst parts about that place is it's around a blind corner, and some of the vehicles are pulling across old 52 to get in the place.

$4.50 a pound for carbide in Reidsville today. No, things are not that good.

The last couple weeks I've been having to drive through Lexington to take my kids to Welcome and we pass by the same scrap yard every day and the place has been PACKED. To the point of cars and trucks pulling off of the road into peoples yards just to allow traffic to pass. These don't look like recreational scrappers, either. These are pros with cars stacked upon cars on trailers and truck loads of scrap. Worst parts about that place is it's around a blind corner, and some of the vehicles are pulling across old 52 to get in the place.
Idk, but that's a pretty crappy spot for that place. I hate going in there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back