Homebrew Shifter Idea

ckruzer

Infidel
So. I am thinking of using this shifter out of an old truck and a bolt hole in the side of the trans for the np231 shifter.

Smaller hole there for the linkage arm. Bigger hole for mounting to the trans. My idea is to spec that hole and use a bearing to mount to the trans and retain swivel capabilities.

I'll post updates as they happen

3b0a8ff17dbdbdfc7e044f108b67a13e.jpg

Two single ended will do the trick with adjustment.. I don't see where you would need a double ended heim unless you were thinking of using it as the pivot/mount point for the shifter.

Yes that's the idea. I wanted to try and make that larger hole in the shifter the pivot point, or otherwise make a double ended heim the pivot point

basically seeking ways to secure while also retaining ability to swivel. bearings and heims is what comes to mind for me.

Last edited:
Alternate bushing material is brass, nylon or Teflon - no lubrication required and won't seize with the elements applied. Could use for linkage ends also instead of heim joints if linkage is made properly.

RIGHT!

but are you using it for co2 or something for tires? reinflate from the seat? lol

Back