Whos at URE today, Someone rolled on Dutch John.

I totally agree Rodney. I was not part of there group but I know a few of them. If they damaged anything they need to make it right and I will say I knew nothing of it.

there was a bunch of them "expedition types" running around and good lord at all the nip suv's too on m/s and light duty all terrains. It was a crazy day. A fugger from florida slid sideways at the soup bowl and allmost rolled...he was on a yota or nissan pathfinder...I can't tell the difference....anywho, his crew tore up the wood fence getting him extricated from the predictament he had gotten himself into.

I was in that group, and led the recovery of that FJ in the mudbowl. @ord.sgt.26NC...unless you happen to have witnessed us tearing up the fence during the recovery of that vehicle, please don't go spreading rumors like this. That fence was already busted when they came upon the soupbowl & he slid in.

pics for proof, cause i know my word won't mean anything otherwise...
UJKVUe5.jpg

VPtMaKE.jpg

Last edited:
also...the park ranger was there to see/witness the recovery and can validate the fence was busted beforehand too

and IF i were ever to bust something like that....let it be known that I would fix it any way I could & report it to the outpost, nearest ranger, someone. Me & my clubs don't roll like that ;-)

Last edited:
If it was broken before hand,I hadn't seen that and if I am mistaken,then I'm sorry.Looking at the picture,it does appear to have been broken before. Again,sorry for the finger pointing. Wasn't a strap ran through the fence from a stable vehicle to the front door and through it somehow of the teetering one? Been trying to figure out what that strap was tide around.

Last edited:
no worries dude. i just hope the finger-pointing wasn't seen by too many people, and cause a witchhunt for me & my crew. Cause ya know how things spread thru social media. I already put out PSA with these video screenshots to my guys in case they see/hear any of that getting around so they can squash it too.

so the tow strap was ran thru the pass window, across the cabin, thru the drive side window, and then up & over the roof back to the pass side. It wasn't tight or anything...had some slack in it. It was an emergency just-in-case stabilizer ;-)

We recovered someone that rolled and slid on the side coming down Dutch John friday, but doesn't sound like the same rig (pictures have been removed so I won't post mine either).

We recovered someone that rolled and slid on the side coming down Dutch John friday, but doesn't sound like the same rig (pictures have been removed so I won't post mine either).
Yeah....sad to say...that was one of my guys too. Nissan Xterra. Tho, he was wheeling solo at that time...my group was wheeling sat morning. He was the purpose of this thread starting up. LOL

He came up from FL too, and hit up the trails when he got in. Luckily, as luck would have it, a person iny group came up from FL too...so he had a ride home. Insurance will be totalling the rig as air bags deployed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah....sad to say...that was one of my guys too. Nissan Xterra. Tho, he was wheeling solo at that time...my group was wheeling sat morning. He was the purpose of this thread starting up. LOL

He came up from FL too, and hit up the trails when he got in. Luckily, as luck would have it, a person iny group came up from FL too...so he had a ride home. Insurance will be totalling the rig as air bags deployed.

Yep, that looked like a rowdy ride. We had to use one winch to pull it back on 2 tires, but was in the bank before it passed the tipping point. Hooked another to the low side and drug it sideways while releasing the high side.

Last edited:
Saw a lot of near stock rigs running the trails alone which always blows my mind because as Nick mentioned URE is cursed for unexpected breakage. Honestly seemed like we were the only group in the woods on this rainy shitty weekend.

Saw a lot of near stock rigs running the trails alone which always blows my mind because as Nick mentioned URE is cursed for unexpected breakage. Honestly seemed like we were the only group in the woods on this rainy shitty weekend.
So hate that I missed you this weekend dude? What were you wheeling? Didn't see anything that made me think it was your truck. Havent see you since the ECORS days.

So hate that I missed you this weekend dude? What were you wheeling? Didn't see anything that made me think it was your truck. Havent see you since the ECORS days.
Truth. I've got a 1 ton YJ now. I split the tailhousing on the transmission at midnight on Daniel Saturday night... Frame flex and hard mounting engine/trans was a bad idea... We always camp on RML. I drove my excursion to camp to sleep in it. I had a back injury that sidelined me for a few years but I am back wheeling and more in it than ever haha. I'm sure I will see you around. The trans issue has began upgrade season for me so I may be down for a while.
Flexing on that vertical rock next to Poser Saturday afternoon.
yj 6.jpg

Oh damn I had seen you start that project but didn't know it was running. Yeah and I saw that YJ at the Outpost. Nice job man. Well we will catch up somewhere this year.

Oh damn I had seen you start that project but didn't know it was running. Yeah and I saw that YJ at the Outpost. Nice job man. Well we will catch up somewhere this year.

Yeah man. I've wheeled 4 times I think this year. Uwharrie shake down, dixie run, harlan, and now Uwharrie again. I only get one weekend off a month. Transmission is coming out this weekend and I'll be looking into fixing/upgrading to prevent another tailshaft destruction. Probably add tubing/rigidity to the engine bay area and a few extra supports between the frame and a rear support for the tcase. Still debating if I will run poly mounts. Hard mount just seems likely to break again.

I'll be around. Lemme know of any trips you plan. I only get one a month so I try to plan ahead and schedule my weekend off accordingly. Parks I plan to hit this year... Gulches, Windrock, Field and Forest (I know, 14 freaking hours... but Devin is persistent) Maybe big dogs... Harlan... Flats ofcourse... So well see. I figure I will get to wheel maybe 8x this year.

I haven't done flats in forever. Think I need to hit one of the open rides. Wheres field and Forest? But the rest of those are on my list for this year too.

I haven't done flats in forever. Think I need to hit one of the open rides. Wheres field and Forest? But the rest of those are on my list for this year too.

New Hampshire. One of my wheeling buddies is from up that way, and through him I have met many wheeling folks from up that way. Its complicated to say the least... but if my junk is together I'll probably make the trip in July.
I made the decision today to link the front of the YJ and threw out some money... so my junk will be down a while.

The park is in public state park, and the trails are publicly accessible. Not private property. Insurance covers.

Thinking like this is what causes high insurance rates. This is the type of stuff that causes insurance to be more strict and possibly deny future claims that are more legitimate. If you can't afford the potential costs of wheeling don't do it or get a cheaper vehicle to do it. Of course, I'm not talking about if you have insurance specifically for this purpose, but if your claiming something like this on standard insurance, its not right.

Ummmm....no, I highly doubt it. The number of insurance claims due to off-roading is, I'm quite sure, a very, very, very small percentage compared when to "regular" type of insurance claims due to street driving.

Ummmm....no, I highly doubt it. The number of insurance claims due to off-roading is, I'm quite sure, a very, very, very small percentage compared when to "regular" type of insurance claims due to street driving.

Any percentage is fraudulent!

Back