Cl find of the day

JEEP CHEROKEE XJ V8 SWAP

"Custom driveshaft front and rear
Ford 8.8 with disc brakes 3.73 ratio. Np 231 transfer case with teraflex sye kit. Ax15 trans 5 speed with Hurst shifter. Centerforce clutch. Advance adaptors bell housing kit. Advance adaptors headers with true dual 40 series exhaust tail tucked. Advance adaptors motor mounts-jeep Cherokee to sbc gen 1. 76 camaro block with eagle rotating assembly with flat top piston w/valve reliefs. 1.5 comp cam roller rockers. Dual plane intake, Holley 750 carb. Hei distributor. Cog pulley setup. Hv water pump. Melling hv oil pump. Tall edelbrock valve covers. Champion 3 row radiator.Taylor master disconnect switch-off/on. High torque starter."

"There is over 14000$ in this build."

Why do I feel like that is BS?

If this belongs to somebody here your smoking crack.Even w the ghetto fab wheels its over priced by 10K.
1984 Chevrolet D30 Military Pickup

Pics for posterity.
View attachment 258951

That should be one of the schroader's. Probably Terry. The family owns the honda shop in hendersonville. Usually has several overpriced things for sale. Has a white c30 jacked up for sale too. Wonder how many people called on it thinking it was a 4x4...

found it
Screenshot_20171212-123457.png

But it has a cog accessory belt... very necessary to keep the alternator from slipping the belt...

I wouldn't want to listen to that, and that would be the first thing I'd get rid of if that was mine. Just a bunch of extra belt noise with zero necessity. Maybe dudebro wanted it to sound like it has a blower?

Shows like that and Gas Monkey have ruined car selling/buying.I have a 68 C10 for sale and was askin $1650.Jack asses coming off w $400,$600 and $800 offers and act like they're helping me out.

Sellers are watching too. Double the price you actually want for it, buyer cuts you in half, negotiate from there and you still come out ahead ;)

Shows like that and Gas Monkey have ruined car selling/buying.I have a 68 C10 for sale and was askin $1650.Jack asses coming off w $400,$600 and $800 offers and act like they're helping me out.
Sellers are watching too. Double the price you actually want for it, buyer cuts you in half, negotiate from there and you still come out ahead ;)

The one I always hate are the sellers asking Barrett Jackson/Gas Monkey prices...and use the one showroom clean $100k restoration that sold for $20k as their example, and act like they're doing you a favor by listing their POR15'd chassis and Maaco paint job $5k 'restoration' for $15k. I think that's more the issue, the bruncledaddy's of the world can't tell the difference between a $100k restoration and a $5k 'restoration'. When we were building the C10, it was uncanny the number of guys that 'built the exact same truck'. Not knocking anyone's build, but we had more in paint materials than most had in their entire truck. House of Kolor blue metallics are not the same as a gallon of Tractor Supply dark blue. /Rant.

$825 is actually half.... haven't you learned anything from Richard and Thomas? You ALWAYS cut them in half right off the bat :shaking:
Here in lies the problem.Im not a game player about anything,give me a price,we'll neg and Ill buy or not.Im not gonna cut ya 1/2 right off the bat and I wont do it to you either.That shit don't work around here it just pisses people off.Tonya does quite a bit of farm/antique stuff and I reckon when they say "I'm buying to resell" that's suppose to mean you instantly cut the price in half for em.

The one I always hate are the sellers asking Barrett Jackson/Gas Monkey prices...and use the one showroom clean $100k restoration that sold for $20k as their example, and act like they're doing you a favor by listing their POR15'd chassis and Maaco paint job $5k 'restoration' for $15k. I think that's more the issue, the bruncledaddy's of the world can't tell the difference between a $100k restoration and a $5k 'restoration'. When we were building the C10, it was uncanny the number of guys that 'built the exact same truck'. Not knocking anyone's build, but we had more in paint materials than most had in their entire truck. House of Kolor blue metallics are not the same as a gallon of Tractor Supply dark blue. /Rant.
I looked at HOC paint back in the early 90's for a truck I was building.IIRC back then you could only get it in quarts or smaller and it was at least a 1/3 or 1/2 more than PPG or others.Seems like back then it was still mostly a motorcycle paint.There wasn't even a local place to buy it you had to mail order it.

I reckon when they say "I'm buying to resell" that's suppose to mean you instantly cut the price in half for em.
I'd be quick to retort "Cool, that's what I did too."

See now we need pics of said truck.

Dont need any more projects but what the hell.

I'd be quick to retort "Cool, that's what I did too."
Tonya started out tryin to be nice about it but by the end of the summer she just told em "so did we".We were at a big sale one time and some uppedy heffer came up and was wanting to buy all of the tobacco baskets we had,about 90 or so.Tonya priced em and the lady handed Tonya her card and told her when she decided to wholesale em to call her.Tonya handed it back to her and said we don't wholesale. It was a week long sale and by the end of the week we had 36 left.Some woman ask if we could make her a deal on em.Tonya cut the price some,they hashed out a deal and she took em.Its all in the approach.

Back