Hole saws

ProbablyBroke

does not torque to spec
I'm cheap and they are not. Generally my only application for a hole saw is through sheet metal or to notch a tube. I'd like to buy a decent kit this holiday season for myself. I've never even owned a hole saw.

I'd like some recommendation for decent brands, what lasts and what doesnt, as well as any tips to get some longevity out of them. They will most likely be used in my dewalt cordless drill.

I'm cheap and they are not. Generally my only application for a hole saw is through sheet metal or to notch a tube. I'd like to buy a decent kit this holiday season for myself. I've never even owned a hole saw.

I'd like some recommendation for decent brands, what lasts and what doesnt, as well as any tips to get some longevity out of them. They will most likely be used in my dewalt cordless drill.

I like Milwaukee and Lenox personally.

I did three entire cages with one Milwaukee hole saw. That is on a nice baleigh notcher.

Definitely did better than Lenox but I have the Lenox multi size kit that I like for single holes in sheet metal.

Don't worry with a kit. Just get the sizes you think you'll need, and buy additional ones as needed. Back when I was doing more notching, I had pretty good success with the Lenox Bi-metal from Lowes, etc. Never tried a Milwaukee, but I've always liked their stuff.

I've had good luck with the Lenox too. Of course I only bought what I needed. 1.5" and 1.75"

Greenlee and Milwaukee for general purpose stuff. If you're cutting holes in metal and not notching a tube, Blair Holcutters are the best thing you can buy.

Lennox here too. I bought a few packs of 1.75 from roark supply off pirate for a good deal. I think i used 2 when I built my cage in a rogue fab notcher

Hard to beat a Lenox hole saw for normal use. One that I would say away from in Rigid brand as I always had the teeth break off on those.

If you're cutting holes in metal and not notching a tube, Blair Holcutters are the best thing you can buy.

X2!!! Ive used carbide hole saws for 6 years on a daily basis and still use the ones purchased then. I have a 1-1/4" hole saw that's missing 2 teeth and it still cuts holes like is punched. I've cut holes in 1" metal plate with them and a cordless drill! They are expensive but worth every penny!

I have no experience but research has lead me to looking into Morse hole saws. I plan on getting one for 1.75” when I get into serious tube notching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've notched a bunch of steel with a Blackstone from Fastenal. I just did several notches in 1" sch. 40 stainless today with it, and it did great! Also had great luck with the Rigid ones I got from the tool outlet in Myrtle for about $4 per. I've also done holes in stainless plate, 3/8 steel plate, etc. with affordable hole saws. Lube, steady pressure, and learning how to clear the gullets and not let it snag will go a long way to keeping them alive.

Great input so far. I'm still thinking about a multi size kit. Those Blair units look pretty nice and about what I'm looking for. I'd probably spend just as much on a way to keep my friends from using them.

I imagine most of my holes will be for gauges, installing grommets in firewalls, a notch here and there. Might get the carbide set, and a few misc Lenox in sizes I know I'll need.

@ProbablyBroke let me know what sizes you want as I’ve got a large collection of hole saws of about all sizes and might be able to help you out. Think I’ve got 4 ammo cans full of saws and arbors.

Imma get in touch with you after Christmas and see if I can use a couple or you can come over and watch me use them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good brother. I’m a top notch supervisor.

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE_HOLYSHIT.jpg

Back