Well, I bought a pop up......

junkxj

Well poop!!!!!
I feel old admitting this, but at the same time it will make camping more enjoyable.
I bought a livin lite quicksilver 6.0, which is a small, all aluminum camper that sleeps 3.
Not much in the way of creature comforts, but has a mattress, A.C., and soon to be added solar panel and battery power.
Already found a lift kit for it, plus larger fenders to fit some larger mud tires.
I think it's a nice little camper I can drag along moderate trails (after mods), and will be much better than sleeping on the ground.

If your interested in a well built tent camper check them out. Kinda $$$ for what they are, but extremely well built compared to most campers....

Last edited:
I did the same thing for this year. Found a Craigslist $900 Coleman popup in really great shape that sleeps 6 if you are friendly or 3 if not. Probably won't see anything except campgrounds, group camps, mild trials and trailhead areas. Had new tires and everything worked. Needed some minor roof repairs, nothing a bit of fiberglas didn't fix and a battery.

Got a sink and a stove, inverter, awning and screen room and now ready for a Mr Buddy heater. I added a potty and 12V/USB outlets.

It's a step up from my HF trailer with a pickup truck tent in it.

No hate from me. I’m looking to buy a pop-up in the near future. Last time I went camping with my little girl it took forever to setup a tent, even longer to take it down, then set up again to clean at home. It was hot, I couldn’t sleep cause it was humid. Heck with that, I’m ready for a pop up. I understand it is a glorified tent, but it will have AC and be way easier to setup and take down.

Love our pop-up camper...unhook it, roll it exactly where you want it. My wife slept in a tent one time (on the ground with a sleeping bag) once..."no more" was the first thing she said when we woke up. I paniced, but then realized what she meant.

Pop-up ever since...have a 5th wheel in the back yard, still prefer the little one.

Enjoy!!

...looked it up, that thing is sweet!!
Thanks! It's very Spartan, but has A.C. which is really all I care about. And I have a small propane heater to keep it warm in the winter.
Can't wait to get the lift spacers and bigger fenders on it. Then some massive (31s, if I am lucky) mud tires on it.

Yeah, we can run ourselves out ours with a small ceramic heater...a small propane would do the trick off grid.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is what it looks like. Haven't had a chance to take a pic of mine setup. Will post a pic when I get the new tires on it.

The little tires look so cute... :D those are awesome campers. I really wanted one, but would have been a little too small for 3 of us and a dog. they make some bigger ones, but price drove us towards a more "normal" popup.

They definitely are expensive, I would never pay what a new one costs. The "jeep" version of the one I got is around $12k new.

They definitely are expensive, I would never pay what a new one costs. The "jeep" version of the one I got is around $12k new.
There was the jeep version with AC for sale on ebay when we got one. Called the dealership down in Georgia. He said, "yep, that's out the door, but not registered to your state. If you need us to do that, we'll have fees"
Get stuff ready, make a reservation to camp on the way back. figure it'll suck to drive straight to Savannah, but it'll be worth it.
two days later as I'm packing, I call again just to make sure, that guys not available, but the sales manager says "He forgot the dock fee and other charges we're required to charge. So your out the door price was a little off. He then adds about 3900$ to the price. it WAS ~5,000$. (I forget exact, but it was a little over 5k) NOT Just under 9k...
So instead we unpacked the car, and goofed off around the house. Then found a "normal" popup for 1k... The extra money somehow turned into more work for me as I redo the home kitchen. :(

best part about popups is being able to creatively move them to get them level if you suck at backing up a trailer. :D :D

Needs flat fender and more lift...
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Seriously though, get some 30/31" take offs for cheap.
Looks great.

Thanks!
Found some 31 bfg all terrains for now.
Still thinking about how to lift it more . Wonder if I can find/build a small body lift....

Well I didn't buy one but this weekend my parents gave me they're 04 Fleetwood pop-up. Fully loaded with a/c, heat, stove, shower, 2 full beds, and yes I hauled my new 39.5s on top of it lol. I believe down the rd someday I see a toy hauler build out of it
IMG_20180311_190340309_LL.jpg

Well I didn't buy one but this weekend my parents gave me they're 04 Fleetwood pop-up. Fully loaded with a/c, heat, stove, shower, 2 full beds, and yes I hauled my new 39.5s on top of it lol. I believe down the rd someday I see a toy hauler build out of it
View attachment 264374

You should just build it to drag around behind your jeep.

20180313_184209.jpg

The guy who mounted the tires on the wheels happened to ask what they were going on. After I told him , and he saw a picture of the camper his only response was, " normal people don't put mud tires on a popup camper"
My response, I know.....

Last edited:
Back