Camper Shell/Bed Slide installs in Raleigh area?

Lurch830

messin' with sasquatch
New work truck is a '17 F150 4x4 crew cab with the 5.5' bed. I need to take it somewhere to have a camper shell & bed slide installed. Any recommendations? Prefer one stop shopping in the Raleigh area, but willing to travel...I'm in Greenville at least once a month, Southport, Tarboro on a regular basis.

Thanks,
Brandon

Do it yourself and bill the company? Most of the newer trucks have a prewired plug for the third brakelight on the camper shell, and the clamps take about 5 minutes to install. The bedslide is also super easy if you can use a tape measure and a drill. I installed my bedslide in less than an hour, without the fancy hardware. Would be even quicker with the fancy hardware that it comes with it and not having to crawl under the truck to tighten each bolt.

Do it yourself and bill the company? Most of the newer trucks have a prewired plug for the third brakelight on the camper shell, and the clamps take about 5 minutes to install. The bedslide is also super easy if you can use a tape measure and a drill. I installed my bedslide in less than an hour, without the fancy hardware. Would be even quicker with the fancy hardware that it comes with it and not having to crawl under the truck to tighten each bolt.

Definitely a possibility, but I'm very short on time these days! Did you need a second pair of hands installing the bed slide or did it go fine solo?

Definitely a possibility, but I'm very short on time these days! Did you need a second pair of hands installing the bed slide or did it go fine solo?
I had a second pair of hands because I didn't have the nice nutserts that come with a new one. I just used 6 bolts with washers/nuts under the truck. A new one comes with nutserts that you install from the top side solo. Hardest part will probably be lifting it in to the truck.

Speak with Mike in commercial at Van Products in Raleigh. He is about to do one for me and has done bin installs on all our work vans. Tell him Jeremy from Parrish Fire sent you.

Back