Best Burger

Andy's is the first place that comes to mind...but who were you thinking of?
I can't remember, I know it's down town and walking distance from the Pepsi store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

111b277b40ff49767503e68233d835ea.jpg

I go to Juicy Lucy's in Asheville for a good burger. Usually get the bison burger medium with let, Tom, applewood bacon, slice of avocado, dukes mayo, ket, must. Burger goes great with a cold brew. For desert I recommend the adult liquor milkshakes.

....that said, we went to Revolution Burger in Greensboro & it sucked.

I always order my burgers well done, no pink (hush) & my buddy ordered medium. Mine came mostly pink & his was f'in raw (looked like it was seared, but 90% was raw, red ground beef, almost made him puke when he took a bite)
Revolution Burger blows. $12 crappy burger.

As far as "chain store" burgers, Mac's Speed Shop/BBQ is pretty dang good too. I don't even bother with BBQ there, I just get a 10oz build your own with all the right stuff on it. They'll do a 20oz double too, but I'm already fat enough. Pretty much everyone that I go with from work gets a burger now too. I've probably converted 20 people.

View attachment 263035

I know a majority of you in here have never heard this, but "That's too much meat"

You could make 2/3 really GOOD burgers out of the meat in that desperate attempt at fame.

Same here

That’s what I do. 1 low carb burger and 1 normal chili cheese burger.

2948041B-BB3A-43A3-ABE0-C0AE21B044B7.jpeg

I can't remember, I know it's down town and walking distance from the Pepsi store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If it's a street over from Bradham's, it's probably Morgan's.

Cin Cin in Winston definitely gives Hopps a run for their money. Both great burgers. Now for a chain burger and some good fries, Five Guys hands down.

Now for a chain burger and some good fries, Five Guys hands down.

I wouldn't discount them one bit for franchising. A few years ago, Five Guys was a little family run joint with three or four locations. Only difference today from 20 years ago is that they have milk shakes. Most of the other places posted in this thread have a few dozen restaurants in 6 states, too.

Last edited:
Had this guy today at a place called The Tomato Shed..just down the road from our house. Was pretty delicious. Medium rare with spicy pimento cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles and raw onions, ketchup and mustard.

Bonus points for being able to order it with a side of turnips and greens.

8B630C82-F55E-4C26-812B-ED6A00D553D2.jpeg

Best burger I ever had though was from Burgermeister’s in Asheville. They were rated the best burger in the southeast for like 5 years straight. Closed down about 5 years ago, not sure why. I’d make the 2.5 hour trip each way to Asheville some weekends just for lunch.

View attachment 263024

My wife and I were just talking about Burgermeister's today. Best veggie burger for her and the Cowboy burger was my fave.
The roasted tater wedges were awesome too!

The Universal Joint is just up the road from there and has a killer burger called the Steinbeck. Pimento cheese and jalapeno FTW

Last edited:
I generally try to avoid the chains, but Bad Daddy's and Cowfish both do a damn fine job.

S&S Grill in Thomasville has a good Pimento Cheese and chili burger.
Sid Wills is a tiny little soul food hole in Jamestown that has a good burger as well.

If you are ever on 151 south of McBee, SC right before Hartsville you need to stop in at Big's Meats. Great Burger and fries. During the summer it's usually packed at lunch with people heading from the Charlotte area to Myrtle Beach.

since the weathers been as it has, i keep thinking about a good home cooked burger with jalapenos and ramps diced up in the meat. outside grilled down by the creek. cant wait!

Back