Orbital valves

5 turns lock to lock doesn't bother me. I will keep looking for a better orbital but this one should do the job for now.
Also. I will mod stock PS pump to help flow.

5 turns lock to lock doesn't bother me. I will keep looking for a better orbital but this one should do the job for now.
Also. I will mod stock PS pump to help flow.

Shim the relief too. Iirc 1700 -2300 is a good working psi. However, more psi=more heat..

Looks like surplus center is sold out of the double ended ram that I want. The PSC and trail gear double ended rams are more expensive and don't have the mounts welded on the housing. Another option would be using a solid tie rod and single ended ram.
To anyone who has used both set ups, how did you like the double ended vs single set up? I know that it will have more rotations in one direction but this will be used at low speeds.

My Samurai had 4.x turns lock to lock with the Sidekick power steering conversion that I did. It was OK for slow trail riding, but for any kind of slightly spirited trail running speed, it was way to slow. I think I remember deciding at the time that my goal was going to be 2.5-3 turns lock to lock when I swapped to full hydro.

The jeep buggy is single ended psc and tie rod and I drive it 50mph all the time. You're more limited by the slow steering valve if your plan is to drive on the street. Otherwise who cares

I'm personally a fan of the single ended ram and tie rod. You just end up with more mounting options and IMO fewer joints to break when you mash into something. Plus if you get some steering arms that allow the tie rod to run behind the axle, if you have the clearance for it, its protected by the links and annihilating the steering almost becomes a non issue.

Single ended seems like where I need to be

Sorry, I thought you got it from ebay for some reason. Must be mixing up my posts. :handed:

You can find the same orbital on eBay for about $100 just look up the numbers he posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the whole assembly from steering wheel to orbital for 50$

Back