5th wheel slider or goose neck adapter?

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
Without getting into the never ending debate of which one is better I currently have a quad cab long bed dually with fifth wheel on rails and a gooseneck plate that I can put on it. I tow my stock trailer which is a gooseneck and we also haul our toy hauler which is a fifth wheel. I am selling my truck and upgrading but the one I am looking at is a mega cab that has a gooseneck in it already. I’m wondering should I get an offset 5th-goose adapter or get a 5th wheel slider to accommodate the shortbed. I have never had to use either so I’m looking for any first hand knowledge. FWIW stock trailer is a 24’ triple axle goose and the toyhauler is a 43’ triple axle 5th.

Offset ball will still hit the cab. Only way to make it work is to put one of those fancy automatic sliding 5th wheel hitches on it, but that doesn't work for gooseneck.

Offset ball will still hit the cab. Only way to make it work is to put one of those fancy automatic sliding 5th wheel hitches on it, but that doesn't work for gooseneck.

Should have clarified that the stock trailer doesn’t have an overhang forward of the pin but on the other note, shit, I was hoping not to have to buy a slider cause damn....$$$$$....

Should have clarified that the stock trailer doesn’t have an overhang forward of the pin but on the other note, shit, I was hoping not to have to buy a slider cause damn....$$$$$....

It's not overhang forward of the pin, it's the width of the trailer to the left and right of the pin. A lot of stock trailers taper up front, so they might fit. But you can forget about towing an 8ft wide box trailer or a flatbed with an 'upper deck' if you have a shortbox.

4Lan_YCa5aUwy3runWX6G5cKINa8Zm9rXXelJGIqSPPihdhBa15yxHhAUofPubE6U9Um2-mRRWqIKbEOXwaKO3F6E_30igkHwT0un0FPqJvleQvuDt8CCEoJepCMAkPvyml3tw7xao-p-k2lnspWvil1dJRXPO0VQ9voG7mJAkQ6Lfxb1NukL5LVLDJkoGCq6OCvKcXjVQXtv_b5mdmc6S9GBkiskTl3zAvWn0xvv1ZjG4_F1UvLKFSkwKhhCEGNnPrUi_4r1Aw3nMJfehsLauOpOOEJvw0CJd_k1ct1Xf97ZHzi43AWl1eA9H7GvEqMLiiS3XxbtUGjmFoVRm2Id0N3zNFHJ6981EwRHji1lqqP25nbnA1gP0SFq0CP51CtYWUq5r0ZK0pJsznqPYkCEifbAm8MQFQYnfSkrlB8_xJcWQC2UI6MbTlCC8QvdethXOG33Z1GVYZCFngOlbup2OTfJ_Rg9aCEKfIpobZG2W1m-5VDy3ZeF7eKWBKlwEY2ROWDTfWH_VzRL3b7DmkQPTK_rbotWYcIL8Cr7AutCbKo13ojZgPCXhutnA6bclkqZiCbQuLx79Ssf_XXtdPcBMPZR5cE9DmagL2aIfXD=w1160-h870-no

Could do a fifth wheel slider hitch and use one of these goose to kingpin couplers so you dont need a ball at all. I had a 40’ toyhauler and used the goose adapter and it just didn’t as good as a 5th wheel. So I installed a 5th wheel and switched our horse and stock trailers to the kingpin.

4cd9b852c38b81b23742731c14c8676c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could do a fifth wheel slider hitch and use one of these goose to kingpin couplers so you dont need a ball at all. I had a 40’ toyhauler and used the goose adapter and it just didn’t as good as a 5th wheel. So I installed a 5th wheel and switched our horse and stock trailers to the kingpin.

4cd9b852c38b81b23742731c14c8676c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is likely the best solution, but most $$$

Saw a video demonstrating it from e-trailer.com on YouTube. It seemed pretty legit but @$1,400 it’s gonna take some rectal excercises to recover from that kind of purchase.

Cheaper than putting a real bed on a mega cab.

Cheaper than putting a real bed on a mega cab.

Touché and not completely sold on one but it’s a good deal on a nice truck. I’m seeing that it isn’t the most convenient to haul with but the camper doesn’t travel “that” often so it may be okay. Still keeping my eyes open for a 8ft bed though

Back