Need ammunition

Tails

I need ammunition to convince my wife why we need to go to Potts Mtn.I need as much info and reasons you all can give me please. I have heard from many of y’all it’s not the one to miss.

20160730_133506.jpg

Edit: Just realized this was in a club forum that I am not a member of. Sorry to invade. Feel free to use ammo. :)

Last edited:
If there were only one ride a year I were able to take, It'd be Potts

You're between 2 ridges, isolated from EVERYTHING (including any and all cell signals) in one of the best primitive campgrounds I've ever stayed at.

It's one of the most attended rides of the year

The Clemons kids

The views are amazing

Last edited:
I haven’t been, but because of what I’ve been told my wife and kids are coming. It’s the only long distance ride my whole family is going on. It’s actually only 3 hours away but usually the whole family would just hit Big Creek and Uwharrie and I’m alone for anything else.

We will most likely be doing it all in one day. Leave early, wheel and then come home.

We will most likely be doing it all in one day. Leave early, wheel and then come home.

While the ride is great, I enjoy the evenings by the campfire equally. The stories, the fellowship, the families. THAT'S what makes Potts the highlight of the year (to me anyway)

While the ride is great, I enjoy the evenings by the campfire equally. The stories, the fellowship, the families. THAT'S what makes Potts the highlight of the year (to me anyway)

Yeah that’s also my favorite part as well! My wife isn’t totally on board with camping with my little boy yet as he’s such a handful. She is still considering it. I’ve told her that’s the best part and what I look forward to the most. We shall see. I may have to put the foot down and say this is how it’s gonna be lol.

If I talk my wife into camping can I bum a generator plug from someone for our box fan? I can probably barrow my buddy’s generator. I plan to buy one soon.

Damnit my woman's so prego that were not making it once again this year smdh... She may give l me green light to go alone which I'll decline bc of possibilities of baby coming while I'm up on the mtn, we'll def be making this ride next year tho to meet all the NC4x4 folks! Hopefully I'll be in a 79 burb and not me beating up my DD.. if anyone wants info on some fishing while near the New just hit me up I can put ya on some good fish!

Yeah that’s also my favorite part as well! My wife isn’t totally on board with camping with my little boy yet as he’s such a handful. She is still considering it. I’ve told her that’s the best part and what I look forward to the most. We shall see. I may have to put the foot down and say this is how it’s gonna be lol.
For the few of us that don't camp, we generally stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It & 3 other Hotels, are right at the Salem exit off I-81.

Back