Other people’s food

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
I bought some trucks off an old guy and picked up the last one this evening.Dude comes out carrying a canned jar of pears and apples,a gift from his wife,and put em in the truck.I understand that most likely any funkieness in the prep probably got killed off by the heat of the canning process but I know both are destin for the trash.Tonya will not eat anything if she doesn’t know who prepared it.Seems most women are that way where as men are not so much.So what’s everybodies thoughts on eatin food from strangers??
19aa2873e16e43db49c55987fa5dfa52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the place like that you got them from? Dirty place = NoGo. Clean place = maybe. Guess I would take into account the type of people they seemed to be.

Back in the day I always smelled the strange before deciding if I was gonna eat it, If it smelled good I would devour it.
Im gonna quote that before you have a chance to change it.Yeah its last summers stuff and while I didn't go in to their house to check they seemed reasonably clean.

What was the place like that you got them from? Dirty place = NoGo. Clean place = maybe. Guess I would take into account the type of people they seemed to be.
I didn't go any further than the front porch,even though I was invited in,but they seemed like normal folk to me.Around the house was fairly well kept they just had a bunch of trucks,cars,misc stuff sitting around the barn,but who here don't have that???

It is well documented that I'll eat a piece of cake from strangers 3 states over

Yeah I should have excluded you and your crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't go any further than the front porch,even though I was invited in,but they seemed like normal folk to me.Around the house was fairly well kept they just had a bunch of trucks,cars,misc stuff sitting around the barn,but who here don't have that???

Honestly I’d eat it but I have had roast goat ass ala-mode at Habeeb Al-Sheik Dicks house in butt fuck-a-stan so my view maybe a bit skewed

The only advice I can give you, is the same safety brief I used to give my guys before we went on liberty.

"If you drink, don't drive.
If you drive, don't drink.
And if it smells bad, don't eat it."

:)

That being said, I've eaten rabbit eyeballs in Mountain Survival School.

So a can of mystery apples ain't much.

If the man and his home appeared clean enough, I'd trust them. Most likely they've been canning a long time and know what they are doing.

I recently was at my dad's place for father's day. My dad is gross, real dirty bastard who rarely washes his hands kinda guy. Anyway, he gives me a jar of his homemade pickles. I thanked him for them but once I got home I opened the jar and poured them in the toilet. Figured I would skip the middle man and put them straight where they were destine for anyway. Not sure if this is really relevant to this thread or not, but I wont eat food from my dad, lol.

I would bet $100 its cleaner than any food you would ever get at any restaurant.

This 100%

If they were old grandma type folks, rest assured it’s just fine as I’m sure it’s not their first rodeo with canning.

If this is an experiment or a first timer, I’m not sure I’d eat it. There is an art to canning to make sure it’s done right.

What you found is a little different, but I don't even like to eat at pot luck dinners anymore. I see so many people, daily, that don't wash their hands. I'm borderline germaphobe though. I really don't like eating at restaurants, but can't really help that. Me, I wouldn't eat it, even though there is probably nothing wrong with it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I see so many people, daily, that don't wash their hands.

I have only been at this job for 7 months but I made the mistake of taking a shit here the other day. Its amazing how many people take a piss in the time it takes me to drop a deuce. Its equally amazing how many of them do not wash their hands after taking that piss. I apparently work with some nasty motherfuckers. I will no longer shake hands with anyone here without having Purell near by.

Meh...no different than eating at a restaurant. You don't know the people preparing the food, where or how it was stored, or how much different the kitchen is from where it was the last time the health inspector came.

you know...questions like this is the reason todays younguns get the freakin peanut allergies . We allways ate crap and dirt,hardly ever washed our hands,ate off of trees,bushes,ground and we are still here. I'd open it up,sniff it,and if it smelled good,it would be game on.

Its equally amazing how many of them do not wash their hands after taking that piss.

Probably ought to wash your hands before you take a piss. My dick got washed this morning and has been in my pants ever since. My hands have touched all sorts of nasty in the meantime.

Probably ought to wash your hands before you take a piss. My dick got washed this morning and has been in my pants ever since. My hands have touched all sorts of nasty in the meantime.

^^This. Unless you live in Louisiana. Shit’ll grow fungus inside the hour being outside with the humidity down here! But back to the other “fruit” I say send it but video it for proof if the cops have questions after you have expired.

Back