To all you Dads, need some advice.

Talked to the Dr. today and she mentioned something called "Period of Purple Crying" which is basically a developmental thing. She didn't think she has Acid reflux and she said she could have colic but based on what we described that she didn't think she had it, but she basically told us to keep with the gripe water when we feel she needs it.
Also got her shots today which she screamed bloody murder for about 10 minutes, but was sleeping by the time we walked out of the Drs office.

My doc told me, many years ago, let her dry, good for the lungs, but ater about 30 mins, pic her up, sooth him or her, then let her have at it again. We lessoned the naps, esp in the evening. playing with them, keeping them active, a full belly and soon they slept more and more at a time.
It is trying for sure. Right now is the time where you set the rules though. walking her around, car rides and such at bed time, IMO is only spoiling her, and it will get worse. It's amazing how such a wee one can begin to understand what to do, to get their way.

Just dropped little girl off for her first day of daycare....wow... that was hard! Didn't think it would bother me too much, but leaving her was one of the hardest things I have had to do. I am counting down the minutes!

Sounds like you've had a good couple of days. Glad the cereal helped. Sure helped with ours. She's learning a new world and so are y'all. Good luck.

Sounds like you've had a good couple of days. Glad the cereal helped. Sure helped with ours. She's learning a new world and so are y'all. Good luck.
Things are definitely getting better. Once we stuck to a routine (not a schedule yet), we have had much better results with minimal meltdowns.

Haha wait until you have two or three, and they're in elementary and middle school, by the end of summer you'll be counting down the minutes until they go BACK to school!

Like I said in the other post, the first 6 months suck. You'll figure it out. Babies are a lot tougher than you think they are. If they weren't, we wouldn't be here right now.
Habits you create today are habits you're going to have to maintain later, which may be for a month or two or it could be for years.
Your bed is your bed. If you turn it into the family bed, you will not be able to undo that for many years. Some may disagree with me, but having the kids sleeping in your bed is not conducive to a successful relationship with the wife.
Sleep when the baby sleeps. Don't try to catch up on things while the baby sleeps (laundry, dishes, cleaning). It's ok to have a messy house and a pile of laundry.
Kids go through phases. They usually don't last long. Some are cute. Some are annoying.
Don't google your kid to death. You will have her wrote off for dead when she has a cold if you read about it on google.

I've been there 3 times now.. they're now 6,7,& 13.. time does really move fast, and faster the older you get. Oh and the house is still a little bit of a mess, even though both the wife and I are somewhat ocd about stuff being in order. Washer & drier run at least one load a day. But one day it'll get organized. Might be after the kids go to college though.

Oh yeah, When someone told me that the days are long and the years are fast, wasn't kidding. Even though I haven't endured the "years" part yet, I can't believe my little girl is already 2 months old. But I have never worried, cared, loved, and been irritated by anyone or anything so much before. All these years that I heard people talk about their kids and how it changes your life, I never understood it till I had one of my own.

But I will tell you, even her having a great day at her first day of day care, it wasn't much easier dropping her off this morning for the 2nd time.

Oh yeah, When someone told me that the days are long and the years are fast, wasn't kidding. Even though I haven't endured the "years" part yet, I can't believe my little girl is already 2 months old. But I have never worried, cared, loved, and been irritated by anyone or anything so much before. All these years that I heard people talk about their kids and how it changes your life, I never understood it till I had one of my own.

But I will tell you, even her having a great day at her first day of day care, it wasn't much easier dropping her off this morning for the 2nd time.

Another tip and you may already be doing this, but...while she's not mobile, go ahead and be baby proofing. She'll always find more things than you and momma could think off, but it's easier to try and catch up on a few things rather than trying to out run her! Days long, years fast...for sure. mine are 6,6, and 11. It's amazing what things we don't sweat anymore just to "survive" the day. If they weren't here, my WJ would be alot taller! lol $$$

Another tip and you may already be doing this, but...while she's not mobile, go ahead and be baby proofing. She'll always find more things than you and momma could think off, but it's easier to try and catch up on a few things rather than trying to out run her! Days long, years fast...for sure. mine are 6,6, and 11. It's amazing what things we don't sweat anymore just to "survive" the day. If they weren't here, my WJ would be alot taller! lol $$$
This is something that we DO need to start doing. I am already freaking out about her getting out of her crib and falling down the stairs.

Its amazing too that things that I would normally complain about or sigh at having to do, is almost like a natural reaction now.

Back