17” wheels delima

C.Berry

Bad News
need 17” wheels for the tires I picked up but seems not many options unless I’m dropping $450 or their a 6 lug! Are there any 17x9-10 8.65 military wheels that would work with 39.5s that I’m not finding? Seen some on a m1029 but hear they are not so common!

H2 wheels are 17x8.5 and 8x6.5 bolt pattern. Can't think of anything OEM wider than that.

Yeah I hear with the 39.5 iroks I should have a 10” but read ppl running a 9” and no issues! Not trying to buy new wheels if possible

Last edited:
H2 wheels are 17x8.5 and 8x6.5 bolt pattern. Can't think of anything OEM wider than that.
Apparently they will work on the 39.5... we’ll see what else is to be had!

Awesome I’m searching for a set now! Lol

As mentioned, H2s are probably going to be your cheapest decent option. 17x8.5. They can be had usually in the $200-300 range for the basic machined finish.

I have a friend with some OEM Dodge 8x6.5 17x8's for $300 right now.

I ran some 39.5 Iroks on some 16x7 8 lug steelies for a while with no issues, once the tire is that big, crowning is not very apparent.

Thanks @GCncsuHD i believe I’m gonna look for some h2s tho that little weight from aluminum will help in long run with this full-size rig!

Thanks @GCncsuHD i believe I’m gonna look for some h2s tho that little weight from aluminum will help in long run with this full-size rig!
Not sure what you mean but h2 wheels are heavy. Like just as heavy as steel. And you will have to bore the center to clear a 60 hub

Not sure what you mean but h2 wheels are heavy. Like just as heavy as steel. And you will have to bore the center to clear a 60 hub
Depends if he has GM axles or Ford/Dodge.
H2s fit directly onto GM D60 hubs, but will need to be machined if Ford/Dodge hubs. H2s should have a 4.6" hub bore to fit the 01+ GM hubs. Anything pre 2001 should be 4.56". Now of course I could be wrong here and there be some oddballs thrown in through the years, but they "should" fit over GM hubs.

And yea, the H2s aren't really lightweights, maybe a bit lighter than steel, but they are thick cast wheels.

Oh I was under impression they were lighter than Steelies... I’ve always ran Steele wheels bc I like the throttle and been afraid of breaking alum only reason I figured everyone using alum was for less weight! I’ll be running gm60 front and I’m going to just grind centers if they need it or drop off at machine shop if that won’t work!

As mentioned, also look at 3rd gen Dodge 8 lug wheels. They are factory 17" aluminum, and should work well. similar dimensions to the H2s, but with a bigger bore opening.

you can get these guys for under your price new, and then be able to add weld-ons in the future:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pcw-51-7981/overview/
17x9 Vision HD 84 Vision 8x6.5/8x165.1 -12 Black Wheels Rims Set(4) | eBay
Those are close to what’s on the tires now but 6 lugs! I’m gonna hit boneyard this weekend $20 days this sat I think. i may have a broke back after carrying all the shit I need! Lol

H2 rims absolutely do not need any modifications to fit GM axles. I've had them on all three of my trucks and two of them still have them. As far as I can tell, even my CUCV has a 4.600" hub. The H2s were as snug a fit on it as they are on my HD.

I'm actually wanting to get a set of the 3rd Gen Dodge wheels for my 2500HD. They're 17x8s, but they're forged and have 6" of backspacing...I can shed a little weight and pull my tires in some. An H2 rim is about 33 lbs, a 3rd Gen rim is like 21. Much stronger too.

Those are close to what’s on the tires now but 6 lugs! I’m gonna hit boneyard this weekend $20 days this sat I think. i may have a broke back after carrying all the shit I need! Lol

Take your own wheelbarrow!! Skip the lines, haul more stuffs, save your back, spend more time shopping lol

Back