Random pic thread.

Had to go to Alabama to pick up a couple "upgrades".

d05ce31742672d5e5bf126429e8e4996.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice hatband!

Decided to go for an after work ride at Dupont today. We went about 9.5 miles and found this guy at the exit of Pitch Pine trail.
Nice timber rattler stopping progress!
View attachment 274574
If you dont have a video bunny-hopping over it, why post a picture at all? LAME

You got a couple of better drivers under there? Better add some holes so they can breathe
Yeah two of em, one for me and one for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Also why they give a lot fewer permits for over night.. like stupid few. I don't think most people head it either.

Take them next to the Art Leob trail Where it jumps the Blue Ridge. Get a topo map out. When all the Squiggly lines merge and line up in the V-shape your in the right place. I've never bombed off a hill side wearing a heavy pack and carrying a full days water supply like that in my life. Talk about your hind-end passing you! Going down might have been way more dangerous then climbing.

I came out of the gorge one time with a flask of whisky.....who'd thunk water would have been a better idea....stupid youngster was I.

IIRC this is the line I have taken a few times down to one of the lesser known campsites in the gorge. Comes out where the river makes a massive turn, and has a cool little water fall.

Carried my previous dog up that trail after a bite from a cooper head around 10 years ago.

Thank God it was a dry bite, but carrying a 90 pound dog up that hill almost killed me.......

Here's my Scot:
View attachment 274607

That's also the most it's moved in about 25 years. @kaiser715 I've been throwing around the idea of selling it. If I can push myself over the ledge I'll let you know.

Don’t do it! Such a great boat. Being said mine does need some work. It was made in 1980 and has some good impacts on the hull and a few on the top deck.

In a few years I hope to step up to something over 30 feet and can sleep on board.

7401c7a682148135711ef7cbc48110bd.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ rolled 50k this morning on the way to the shop

I'll say the same thing I said when someone told me your age:

"DAMN....them must be CITY miles!!!"

:flipoff2:

Here's my Scot:
View attachment 274607

That's also the most it's moved in about 25 years. @kaiser715 I've been throwing around the idea of selling it. If I can push myself over the ledge I'll let you know.

Sell it, and you'll regret it!!! You need to get out there and use the dang thing.

Don’t do it! Such a great boat. Being said mine does need some work. It was made in 1980 and has some good impacts on the hull and a few on the top deck.

In a few years I hope to step up to something over 30 feet and can sleep on board.

7401c7a682148135711ef7cbc48110bd.png

Sell it, and you'll regret it!!! You need to get out there and use the dang thing.

It's been sitting for a LONG time. We had two, both were sailed by my dad and his brothers when they were growing on Kerr Lake in the 60s & 70s. I still have some of the old regatta books that they sailed in.
The older of the two was sold about 20 years ago and we kept this one, which sat for a very long time... well it's technically still sitting...

We also had a Morgan Out Island 41 that we sailed all down the east coast and to the Bahamas. I don't have any digital pictures of that boat, but it was basically this:
DSC_0125.JPG

It's been sitting for a LONG time. We had two, both were sailed by my dad and his brothers when they were growing on Kerr Lake in the 60s & 70s. I still have some of the old regatta books that they sailed in.
The older of the two was sold about 20 years ago and we kept this one, which sat for a very long time... well it's technically still sitting...

We also had a Morgan Out Island 41 that we sailed all down the east coast and to the Bahamas. I don't have any digital pictures of that boat, but it was basically this:
DSC_0125.JPG

Absolutely jealous of the 41 footer. Luckily sailboats seem to always be listed to sell. Maybe I’ll play some scratchers and see about finding a race cruiser like a J40 :D

Back