D300 Cable Shifter

YJJPWrangler

D300 with cable shifters in the Willys. I need to come up with a way to mount shifters for the transfer case. Obviously, there are setups from novak, NWF, etc that look really nice but come with everything. I only need the twin shifter mechanism. I threw together a very rough setup in a couple mins from scrap in the garage to just get an idea but don't really like the look/feel of it. Does anyone have plans/ideas on how to build one or a link to just the shifter mechanism?

I've got a few ideas on how to build one, just haven't drawn them up yet. I'll try and post some tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

All you really need are the Shifters, the pivot point, and then the bulkhead portion that the cables are secured to.

JB customs set up below. I got their billet style shifters and the quality is top notch. In case you say f it and just throw down some cash.

3bf4d38abddacb63accc7167c96bf265.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My $.02...

Bought the NWF set (with new cables, knobs, & hardware) from @rockcity 's "burn victim" buggy.
I went for ease & rapid install by looping the cables down thru thee tunnel fore of the D20.
Got to Moab and had issues with the D20 popping the rear output out during decel (common D20 ailment) and pushing the cable, even with the lever locked with a block of oak. :(
Took a bit to to figure out, but a few well placed BFH love taps had it good a few hours... fast forward to this pass summer where it would push out on EVERY decel.
Found a Crapsman wrench that fit perfect between the forward cable mount and the D20 rear shift rail + eleventy dozen hose clamps = rear is "locked" into low range

All that to say your D300 is likely in better shape and definitely go with the "rear control" like @orange150 did... will be yanking the D20 for a rebuild and rerouting my cables when it happens.

those were mine originally- from McMaster Carr

I ended up making my own mount to fit what I wanted to do:

'82 Jeep Scrambler Daily Driver

I had to use the NWF cables due to their shorter ends and went ahead and used their shifter mechanism as well.

Definitely going to use your template idea. I've already got some thick plate on hand and should be able to build a template pretty easily. Currently the cables are coming in from the front and there's not much slack in there.

I like using 3spd dirt track shifters. They are cheap and feel good and look decent.

Economy Shifter

I really, really like the look of that and the fact that its $20 really helps. I would love to throw down some cash on NWF shifters or the like but that would be the shiniest part of the jeep.:lol: All I'll need to do is figure out a mount for the cables and I should be good to go.

Back