Random pic thread.

From FB. We are doomed.
FB_IMG_1539561503904.jpg

Interesting truck positioning....brakes fail?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm glad somebody posted the reference....I've fixed several uh, brake failures over the year. Mostly doors ripped off on exits done in a hurry.

It was recommended by the owner of buck creek campground in marion, it was awesome right after the storm!
6b7a68e52fd3cadd1db6e2a53ae8d14b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haha! I've been there, but it didn't look like that!

View attachment 277989
View attachment 277990
I hate this for anybody. Neighbor had a bad day. I almost chalk it up to karma...he's always blasting music from his shed and always burning stuff. Like anything combustible. He usually burns so much our house reeks of smoldering trash inside and out.
The volunteers where Johnny on the spot. We live in a sort of hub.....4 departments showed up.
We heard an explosion and within seconds saw flames. Less then ten minutes in responders showed up. I'd guess within 15 water was being discharged. Several items inside went off during the burn. A structural wall kept the car next to the outbuilding from getting fully involved.
Owner is safe with minor burns and clean legs and arms...he caught the first flash head on. Thank God for him and his family. Blasting radios and what ever else he lost can be replaced.

I don't put up w that shit.Burning leaves/woodpile is one thing, burning trash and plastic is illegal not to mention bad for anyone if they breath the acrid smoke from burning plastic etc. I've spoken to a few trash burning assholes to lazy to take their trash to the dump when the smoke came onto my property while I'm working outside. The trash burners can be fined if they don't stop doing it and they all quit doing it after I, or the law spoke to them.

NC DEQ: Open Burning

I don't put up w that shit.Burning leaves/woodpile is one thing, burning trash and plastic is illegal not to mention bad for anyone if they breath the acrid smoke from burning plastic etc. I've spoken to a few trash burning assholes to lazy to take their trash to the dump when the smoke came onto my property while I'm working outside. The trash burners can be fined if they don't stop doing it and they all quit doing it after I, or the law spoke to them.

NC DEQ: Open Burning
Up until very recently all our county's non-residential trash was handled by an incinerator facility on APG (A DoD installation).
So, when confronted about burning their trash, the redneck's would just say, "Well hell, the county just has stuff burned anyway".
To which you have to explain, "um that's a $20 mil Army Core designed process to do it safely and deals with HazMats. Not quite the same as you, and rake and a hose."

(then the 20 year plan for the facility ended, and it was dismantled on schedule, without the county making alternate plans so now it's costing a fortune to truck off to another county to be somebody else's problem)

Up until very recently all our county's non-residential trash was handled by an incinerator facility on APG (A DoD installation).
So, when confronted about burning their trash, the redneck's would just say, "Well hell, the county just has stuff burned anyway".
To which you have to explain, "um that's a $20 mil Army Core designed process to do it safely and deals with HazMats. Not quite the same as you, and rake and a hose."

(then the 20 year plan for the facility ended, and it was dismantled on schedule, without the county making alternate plans so now it's costing a fortune to truck off to another county to be somebody else's problem)

I actually have approached him and the fire dept aaaaannnnddd the police. My whole family wound up with sinus infection this time last year due to his "smoke" . All said it was perfectly legal unless I could prove he was burning anything non vegetative.........
clearly until he burnt up his building I only thought he new how to smolder stuff to death, hence the very thick cloud always blown into my yard and dwellings.....

for the threads sake
images

So on a related note I gotta say this. This weekend we were camping w/ Scouts at a corn maze park where there were some other folks. Late Sat night some boys come straggling back to camp talking about this other group they met and were hanging out by their fire. One of the boys says, "We left because they were starting to throw plastic in there, and it's not good to breathe."
My immediate reaction (as the ASM present) was "Well that was a good choice", while simultaneously thinking, "Jeez, 90% of what I know about combustion I learned in Scouts by burning all kinds of stuff after the leaders went to bed. This kid is missing out..."

Aaaaand obligatory pic from Sat
20181013_151833.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 277989
View attachment 277990
I hate this for anybody. Neighbor had a bad day. I almost chalk it up to karma...he's always blasting music from his shed and always burning stuff. Like anything combustible. He usually burns so much our house reeks of smoldering trash inside and out.
The volunteers where Johnny on the spot. We live in a sort of hub.....4 departments showed up.
We heard an explosion and within seconds saw flames. Less then ten minutes in responders showed up. I'd guess within 15 water was being discharged. Several items inside went off during the burn. A structural wall kept the car next to the outbuilding from getting fully involved.
Owner is safe with minor burns and clean legs and arms...he caught the first flash head on. Thank God for him and his family. Blasting radios and what ever else he lost can be replaced.
Chief would Chew my Butt, if I pulled into a Yard. Soft grassy ground, with water overflowing on it, we had Too many Stuck's!

I actually have approached him and the fire dept aaaaannnnddd the police. My whole family wound up with sinus infection this time last year due to his "smoke" . All said it was perfectly legal unless I could prove he was burning anything non vegetative.........
clearly until he burnt up his building I only thought he new how to smolder stuff to death, hence the very thick cloud always blown into my yard and dwellings.....

for the threads sake
images

He's a dumbass. Any kind of half assed fire allowed to smoulder will produce low lingering smoke without some wind. Burning damp brush/leaves/cut grass or trash by lighting it and leaving to burn itself out will smoke all damn day. If the fuel is dry and the fire is tended and fed till it's burned up, the smoke is almost none. I imagine he has a fire pit full of blackened ashes and unburned trash that smokes up every time he starts another fire over the half burned shit from the previous fires.

So on a related note I gotta say this. This weekend we were camping w/ Scouts at a corn maze park where there were some other folks. Late Sat night some boys come straggling back to camp talking about this other group they met and were hanging out by their fire. One of the boys says, "We left because they were starting to throw plastic in there, and it's not good to breathe."
My immediate reaction (as the ASM present) was "Well that was a good choice", while simultaneously thinking, "Jeez, 90% of what I know about combustion I learned in Scouts by burning all kinds of stuff after the leaders went to bed. This kid is missing out..."

Aaaaand obligatory pic from SatView attachment 278033
Lmfao your job to teach them these things... they may all decide to stay boys if they breathe a little plastics during those memorable scout camping trips! Hell we burnt a kids shoe, part of a tent, fishing bobbers, and god knows what’s else.

IMG_20181015_090035.jpg
MVIMG_20181015_090015.jpg

These dicks we're outside the hotel all night laying this pipe down. For what? Who knows but they never let up. I didn't sleep for shit but at least they're past us now.

View attachment 277989
View attachment 277990
How did they get the truck there without putting foot deep ruts in the yard? :lol:

How did they get the truck there without putting foot deep ruts in the yard? :lol:
older drive way I guess. the curb just off the side wash mushy just to walk in. I actually refurbished a roll over that occurred when a unit got pull slightly off the road. Side gave way and she flopped right on here side.

Back