Just a simple Sami buggy

Short work day but we got the steering column mounted and got the basics of the radiator mount done.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Been slacking on the buggy lately so spent some time on it this weekend. Got the power steering mount built and installed, it took a lot longer than I thought it would but I'm happy with how it turned out. A nice surprise was the stock serpentine belt still fits. Also got the winch plate drilled and tacked on. Small progress but couple more things checked off the to-do list.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Been slacking on the buggy lately so spent some time on it this weekend. Got the power steering mount built and installed, it took a lot longer than I thought it would but I'm happy with how it turned out. A nice surprise was the stock serpentine belt still fits. Also got the winch plate drilled and tacked on. Small progress but couple more things checked off the to-do list.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

who makes that bracket?

I built the power steering bracket. The fairlead mount is from Barnes4wd.

I was asking about the PS bracket. I hadnt seen one on the market for the 2.0/2.3 so was curious. Buggy is coming along nicely.

I was asking about the PS bracket. I hadnt seen one on the market for the 2.0/2.3 so was curious. Buggy is coming along nicely.

@clemsonjeep has a 2.0 in his Sami buggy so I used his bracket as inspiration for mine. Took a few hours to get it done but I'm happy with how it turned out. Was just dumb luck that the stock serpentine belt ended up working on mine.

Huge thanks to @Cperry and Jon at ECGS, picked up my TG Tacoma width Rock Assault front housing today along with some other things I needed. It came in much faster than they expected and as always prices and service were second to none.

This should solve my clearance issues in the front. Inboarding the upper shock mounts on the rear to solve the issues on that end.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

That’s a nice housing you got there. We put one in @hurt4x4 ’s old rig a few years back.
Looks good man!

Interested to know how those over sized trunnion bearings work for you. I’m considering those vs the trail gear trunnion bearing eliminators.

Fantastic build BTW! Keep it up.

Interested to know how those over sized trunnion bearings work for you. I’m considering those vs the trail gear trunnion bearing eliminators.

Fantastic build BTW! Keep it up.

With full hydro, I think the Front Range parts are going to be a major upgrade in strength. With the steering arms being keyed to the knuckles it takes a lot of stress off the knuckle studs. Price wise it was about the same to go with the Front Range setup vs. TG 6-shooters and trunnion elimintator and I think I've got a stronger setup vs. the TG stuff.

Hope to have some more updates in the next few weeks. Get the new front housing mounted and modify the rear upper shock mounts. Also sent a stock Tracker t-case to a guy that modifies them and converts them into a doubler setup, so it will be a Tracker case in front and a Toyota case behind that. Plan is to put 4.7's in the Toyota case so I should have plenty of gearing options.

With full hydro, I think the Front Range parts are going to be a major upgrade in strength. With the steering arms being keyed to the knuckles it takes a lot of stress off the knuckle studs. Price wise it was about the same to go with the Front Range setup vs. TG 6-shooters and trunnion elimintator and I think I've got a stronger setup vs. the TG stuff.

Hope to have some more updates in the next few weeks. Get the new front housing mounted and modify the rear upper shock mounts. Also sent a stock Tracker t-case to a guy that modifies them and converts them into a doubler setup, so it will be a Tracker case in front and a Toyota case behind that. Plan is to put 4.7's in the Toyota case so I should have plenty of gearing options.

I totally overlooked the keyed steering arms. Those are trick!
Is there any machining involved on the actual knuckle for those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally overlooked the keyed steering arms. Those are trick!
Is there any machining involved on the actual knuckle for those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you ship the knuckles to Front Range and they do the necessary machining to them. I think it's $15-20 each knuckle for them to machine them.

Progress was made today, @DirkaDirka875 came over and helped me out. Rear shock mounts are done and rear is rolling again. Steering ram mount is done. Had to offset it to the driver side but got the ram tucked in close and up high. Hopefully get my IFS hubs machined down at work this weekend to fit the slip-on Tacoma rotors then it will be a full roller again.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

After waiting over 8 weeks, my PRP seats and harnesses finally came in. Super happy with them but the 3-4 week leadtime on their website is BS.

These are the UTV highback seats, I ordered these because they have the mesh drain in the seat bottom plus they have sliders so the seats will be adjustable if the wife ever wants to drive.

These are much nicer than any of the Corbeau seats I've owned/sat in.

index.php

index.php

Back