Guns drawn on Richland Rd

Omaha doesn't appear to be taking sides, just stating facts as he knows them;
Stating the Land owners are being stuborn and don't want to compromise in any fashion.
I've been known to pick up a can or two myself, Even mentioned to a friend we should check into the Adopt a Hwy for Richlands since it IS a legal ROW and listed as a road.
Omaha is stating the land owners aren't interested in that at all because then Offroaders will consider it their right (as if it wasn't already) to go up in there any time they want.

Bottom line is:
It's a public Right Of Way to within 1700ft of the county line.
The land owners don't have a legal leg to stand on as long as people stay within the ROW.
And I can't imagine putting private gates and locks on a public ROW is in any way legal.
I question the legality of a 'Private Bridge' within a public ROW; But the ROW is wide enough at that point for us to keep going through the creek.

And I can't imagine putting private gates and locks on a public ROW is in any way legal.

Would there not have to be a permit to build said bridge?

As far as the gates, i would think local law enforcement would want/need access to public ROW.

At the lower end, Penley Rd and Sampson Rd, taken 2 hours ago:

20181109_113656.jpg

You came in like you have all the info so who’s the faggots the pointed firearms at someone? Care to share that part since your friends with them??

I'd really like to know as well.
My buddy @Paul mentioned something to me about riding through there and having a cookout that night.
Said hed bring the beer and steaks and I needed to bring my bobcat, some lime "several bags worth", a blow torch, razor blades, lemon juice, and he had another buddy bringing a wood chipper..

I aint got no idea what kinda recipe Paul has in mind but I'm always down for the party.
I’ve got 50 gallons of water and cheese cloth for this grillin!

His first time, it was Cody. He just left it alone. I'll go up there when I feel like it and if I encounter trouble I'll deal with it in a legal manor. It is a state road, and brandishing a firearm is a felony. No different than stopping people on I77 and demanding they don't pass.

Let's go

Where in NC is this road?

It's right off 321 between Lenoir and blowing rock

I'd like to make a pass through there in the Range Rover in a few weeks. I will be polite and pick up any trash. I remember the days of abandoned cars that were burned and trash everywhere. The Richlands used to be a pretty fun ride for a few hours. My cousin "knows one of the land owners" and has been out there on 4 wheelers since this whole stink started. I think it's just crazy.

I'd like to make a pass through there in the Range Rover in a few weeks. I will be polite and pick up any trash. I remember the days of abandoned cars that were burned and trash everywhere. The Richlands used to be a pretty fun ride for a few hours. My cousin "knows one of the land owners" and has been out there on 4 wheelers since this whole stink started. I think it's just crazy.
I remember the burnt out cars. I also remember when the cemetery was taken care of. Went hiking a couple times up there too and got introduced to stinging neddles.

I know of some folks headed this way for the snow.....I hope they report back.

Careful I've heard the state has relinquished their right-of-way back to the land owners, without permission it could step on toes.

Careful I've heard the state has relinquished their right-of-way back to the land owners, without permission it could step on toes.
This is the kind of concrete info folks need.....if true. Shouldn't that be of public record somewhere?

This is the kind of concrete info folks need.....if true. Shouldn't that be of public record somewhere?
Should be in public records for this year or online records if recent... I’d contact game warden they will know more than likely!

That is crazy and not right cause if you look it up it looks to be a popular place to wheel. It’s like folks was to pull guns out in uwharrie telling you on private land. I was heading to outback to ride 4wheelers got of the highway somewhere in luarinburg went down the road a little bit to pullover and take a piss when I got back in the truck to turn around I had a guy pull in front of me and block me hop out and start asking questions with his hand on his holster I explain what I was doing and where I was going he had it set in his mind I’ve done stole my trailer(damn wagoneer) in his words he threatened to call the cops and pretended to and I didn’t flinch he calm down and told me he was neighborhood watch and a bunch stealing goes on there and let me go lucky it went that way and not bad

Back