97 LJ-ish build

5157031f068b77bd29e0761772ca4a51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Charging the struts. First time it’s been under its own weight in awhile. So excited this thing is almost done so my back can recover.

ee2e50e1d7f31a2cb08c8c1a1243d606.jpg

Still need to put the rocker/corner guards on, tail lights, strap the fuel cell down and tighten up a few things then that’s it!
ce7059fee5d425d1ebb0cd30acfc4b16.jpg

Driving around today. Struts need some breaking in but everything seems to be working well.

1ba07cf3ee6f898d094342154aaa358f.jpg

6545972bfca924b50ffaf6a9f59056c3.jpg

Real excited this thing is almost done after 2 1/2 years. Still have to mount the fuel cell and tailgate but otherwise she’s good!!

Thanks dude. I’m happy it’s finished. 2 1/2 years and several times I just wanted to sell the whole thing.

And you would have kicked yourself hard for doing that now that it’s done and you can stand back and look at its progression. Good work for sure. I don’t even want to think about putting my heap of shit together once I move here full time. I basically have all the parts but time. Oh how I don’t have time. I need to retire from the Army lol.

Thanks dudes! can’t wait to get back and finish her up.

Still have a few things:
- flip down tailgate
- recess the fuel cell and put the cargo rack on top
- harnesses
- lights
- if I’m feeling into it then raptor line the interior

What did your final WB end up being? Maybe I missed it but what length ORI’s? Getting towards the end of my build similar to yours. YJ Unlimited stretch like Chris 116.5” WB and 14” front 16” rear ORI’s.

0ed538f55ae11d2cd5e79574c74846cb.jpg

It’s almost exactly 116.5”. That was my measurement but had to spin the links a couple threads to get the axle straight so maybe a 1/4” more or less. 14” ORI’s up front and 16” in the rear.

In hindsight I should have mounted the rear struts a little higher. I’m only single triangulated so the links hit the 1/2” plate welded under the frame rail for the stretch. If I was double triangulated I could have easily mounted another 1” or more higher. Right now I’m only showing 4” of shaft at ride height in the rear which I’m told is okay with the new ORI’s but would like a little more so I could drop the ride height about an inch.

Have a shit ton of droop tho!!!

After reading that thread I should have mounted them exactly like he did and would have been money.

I think yours? Maybe I’m confused. I thought it was your thread where you made a plate that tied into a shock hoops and also bolted to the tub.

I think yours? Maybe I’m confused. I thought it was your thread where you made a plate that tied into a shock hoops and also bolted to the tub.

Yeah that was mine. Did you see it in Pirate or Jeep forum? It’s more detailed on JF. I thought you were talking about on NC4x4.

Yeah I think it was JF. I couldn’t find it again then thought I was mixing up 2 builds. Looks nice man.

Back