Trailer options

Apparently Kaufman does use three different axle widths for some of their trailers. It says 94/80 for fender trailers...doesn't specifically say what a deckover uses though. Anybody want to compare measurements? :D

7k Electric Brake Axles - Kaufman Trailer Parts

I just need to make a date with YouTube and watch some videos. I always assumed the deckover trailer shared the same deck frame as the standard trailer. That steel plate above the tires just filled the void where a fender would have gone.

With a low deck trailer the tire is taking up the space that the outer deck frame needs to occupy in a deckover situation.

With a low deck trailer the tire is taking up the space that the outer deck frame needs to occupy in a deckover situation.

Exactly right. Standard deck height deckover trailers have wood over the wheels I'm assuming because it's cheaper. Low deck height deckovers need the height underneath for tires, which is why the diamond plate is used.

On my load max deckover I have to tilt the tire up underneath the rub rail then up to meet up with the axle lol.

I'll measure my track width later tonight.

All these options are feeble! I present “The” buggy hauler!
FED3E51A-6FEA-46EC-ADBA-A6996D29E062.jpeg
40B549CA-8E26-4F67-B6E0-85951C6DEC06.jpeg

@YotaOnRocks this is the biggest setup I have had. M916a1/M870a4. It would run about 72mph on the 16r20's. No desire to ever own a HET, too slow (45-50mph).

I miss the 916, now I have my old 915a2 back but it won't pull heavy stuff up the driveway at my land like the 916 would. The 916 made it up my driveway which is VERY rough gravel/dirt, probably a 20° angle at least, and that was grossing about 85k lbs!

IMG_20180426_184500.jpg

Back