Mahindra Roxor

It appears the cycle dealer off of I-40 at Valdese area exit has them lined up in from of their place. Looked like it from the interstate anyway.

Yeah they had 12 a few weeks ago. Plenty of colors

Pretty much. They were designed using some MUTT parts originally. I had a MUTT once, it was a pretty cool rig, would love to have a Growler to replace it.

As long as it doesnt have the cornering characteristics of its predecessor, I would love to have one also.

I'll be that guy. I think they're ugly and too much for $16k. Not street legal?? For that much I would hope so. There's plenty of other cheap trucks that can be bought and modified for less than that and be more than capable. I guess people are into them because it's the new toy but I'm just not impressed.

For $16k I could find a 1 ton LS swapped TJ/YJ and with the right tire setup could be driven on the road. Maybe even a cheaper stock engine rig and a tow rig for that money.

Guess it’s all in what people like/want, but it’s also able to be financed which I think draws a lot of people. With the razor crowd these days, people seem to line up at the door to make payments on a $20k plus toy that can’t be driven on the street. Guess these have the same appeal. They look like a lot of fun but I can’t justify it personally.

You're too young to even get this reference....but this what what came to mind

people seem to line up at the door to make payments on a $20k plus toy

(F-bombs so listen at your own risk)

Just saw this:

roxor.JPG

Ive wondered for a while if that skirt the law crowd isnt Mahindra's preferred demographic.

It was just 3 years ago where they announced plans to bring a light duty pickup to market int he US and then that stalled due to NHTSA concerns not found in India.
This might be a convenient way to circumvent that

Why not just buy a $5k CJ7 and make it yours?

For almost $20k you can have a very nice street legal better looking Jeep.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

For you and I, i agree.
But counter point, for 15k you can have a brand new vehicle.

9/10 you’d just be taking a title to the DMV to tag a “CJ7” and no one would be inspecting it anyway.

Every vehicle I’ve ever owned no one from the DMV has wanted to check it out. Therefore I’d say that crowd just takes a title and pays the taxes and gets the tag.

I know someone who just bought a CJ tub and title just to get a tag on their buggy for Uwharrie. Pretty easy to say “it used to look like a Jeep” Not saying it’s legal, but very easy to work around.

9/10 you’d just be taking a title to the DMV to tag a “CJ7” and no one would be inspecting it anyway.

Every vehicle I’ve ever owned no one from the DMV has wanted to check it out. Therefore I’d say that crowd just takes a title and pays the taxes and gets the tag.

I know someone who just bought a CJ tub and title just to get a tag on their buggy for Uwharrie. Pretty easy to say “it used to look like a Jeep” Not saying it’s legal, but very easy to work around.

Yes, but technically it should still retain the VIN plate; and it is illegal to tamper with the VIN plate. As you said, it is likely that noone ever looks at it; doesnt make it less shady.

As I stated before, I think these are way over priced for what they are, but.......

The first used one i find at a decent deal will be coming home with me.

The reason i want one is, stick turn signals and a few other things on it, and i slap a dealer tag on it and drive the hell out of it.

Plus, it is considered a sxs, so that opens up tons more wheeling spots, especially around here.......

remember when Customs went around confiscating all the illegally imported Land Rovers?

eventually they'll figure out the Roxor scam and go collect all the "CJs".

I got to drive one last week. I enjoyed it. Didnt have anything rough to really challenge it offroad but it performed as expected. I was surprised by the power even though the one I drove was an auto. No problem cruising down the road at 45. I could probably get away with throwing a triangle on the back and driving it to work if the DOT boys didnt hawk the quarry I have to pass.

I follow some of the roxor groups on fb and such, and I've seen some leftover/low mile 2018s listed for like 11,500. The auto with a tuned up motor could be a base for a sweet little crawler.

I follow some of the roxor groups on fb and such, and I've seen some leftover/low mile 2018s listed for like 11,500. The auto with a tuned up motor could be a base for a sweet little crawler.
The one I drove had little tire, 215 or 235, but i bet with 4.88 and 32s you would have a blast at ure.

Back