How Overpriced is this 7.3?

These OBS prices makes me think you could run a business buying cheap 2wd trucks, converting them with 05 SD stuff and make out like a bandit.

Several companies out there doing bolt in SD kits and depending on accessories, kits are anywhere from $1800-6000. And a lot of guys are doing SD swaps in their 4x4 trucks anyway and it’s not impacting the value...so you’d probably be on to something.

Makes me wonder what will happen in the collector market for sure. That market generally follows the 35-55 year olds that finally have some cash and want to relive their youth...will the market be too high and there will never really be a ‘collector’ period for them, or will it shoot the prices even higher? Personally, in my groups, I’m seeing if guys didn’t inherit one or invest before the market got hot, they’re just skipping right to the SD’s and taking their chances with the 6.0’s because it’s cheaper.
The groups Im in are already calling them collectors items.From what Ive saw TX is a hot bed for clean lo mile OBS's and they are bringing premium $$$$.I have a 96 super cab F250 that's pretty decent but needs a little work.I hope to do a few things to it and cash out.Not 20K cash out but more than the $2500 I paid.

If you can deal with putting a set of SAC injectors in an LB7, there's no need to delete anything. I don't have EGR, a cat, or anything such as that.

The groups Im in are already calling them collectors items.From what Ive saw TX is a hot bed for clean lo mile OBS's and they are bringing premium $$$$.I have a 96 super cab F250 that's pretty decent but needs a little work.I hope to do a few things to it and cash out.Not 20K cash out but more than the $2500 I paid.

yeah...I think we’re exiting the 73-79 peak of collecting...80-91 trucks basically get forgotten about because they were turds, ugly and only had non-turbo diesels. I’m just not sure if we’ve seen the 92-96/7 trucks plateau or if it’ll get even crazier over the next 10 years. All I know is I’m happy to have hoarded parts for mine over the last 10 years.

I know the bullnose guys are singing the blues cause their truck aren’t bringing shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah...I think we’re exiting the 73-79 peak of collecting...80-91 trucks basically get forgotten about because they were turds, ugly and only had non-turbo diesels. I’m just not sure if we’ve seen the 92-96/7 trucks plateau or if it’ll get even crazier over the next 10 years. All I know is I’m happy to have hoarded parts for mine over the last 10 years.

The 92-97 trucks are still fairly plentiful around here but most are gas powered. Is there much market for those trucks??

These guys buy and resell OBS Fords. They’ve also started providing OEM quality replacement parts. There’s certainly a market out there.

Handpicked Trucks

The 92-97 trucks are still fairly plentiful around here but most are gas powered. Is there much market for those trucks??

Clean stuff always makes money in the Midwest and northeast...they’ll buy whole trucks for sheet metal, not sure they’ve gotten desperate enough to pay top price on 2wd gassers yet, but usually a few grand more than locally. Was never really worth the effort to me for shipping and potentially sitting on a truck. I see some guys do it though and they do their own hauling, usually load up 3-4 trucks to make the trip and have trucks ready to be picked up on their way back. I prefer hustling parts. Everyone always goes and picks the Southwest clean and makes their prices rise, and always forget about the PNW and SE. Was a time I was making $1-2k/month through the groups buying from someone in the SE or PNW and having them ship to a buyer I already had lined up in the rust belt. Or buy whole non-running trucks, yank the high dollar stuff, try to sell the carcass, if it doesn’t move fast, scrap it.

I prefer parts as well.I don't have room for a bunch of trucks and have less room to store sheetmetal.Thats what kept me from doing it.

Buddy of mine just sold his 97 Powerstroke, excab, shortbed, 4x4, manual, 160k miles for $9000. It took him about 3-4 weeks. Rust free, ran great, 1 minor dent on the cab. Should be a unicorn and an easy sell, but it took a few weeks and it didn't even bring $10k

My tattoo artist has a crew cab 7.3 for sale, he has spent a fare ment on it but is asking 13-14k I think. He is going to send me a info list for me to post it up. But I know it's got a new motor, new turbo, new ac system, new level kit new wheels and tires, I know he has done a lot more. Lmk if your interested and I'll get you in touch with him

My tattoo artist has a crew cab 7.3 for sale, he has spent a fare ment on it but is asking 13-14k I think. He is going to send me a info list for me to post it up. But I know it's got a new motor, new turbo, new ac system, new level kit new wheels and tires, I know he has done a lot more. Lmk if your interested and I'll get you in touch with him

yes. Please do.

yes. Please do.

yes. Please do.
Give me a shout if you're interested 704two0two9304
176fcacf70e6a05d440037229c5e4036.jpg
f12889e2040a2080be676ae7ce17edc1.jpg
564b521fd184db2284c4b4629e3cd1cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Give me a shout if you're interested 704two0two9304
176fcacf70e6a05d440037229c5e4036.jpg
f12889e2040a2080be676ae7ce17edc1.jpg
564b521fd184db2284c4b4629e3cd1cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
He bought a Cummins from someone's grandpa earlier this week. I helped him remove the AARP stickers yesterday after work. But he wanted to keep the camper shell so he could still get special parking at the cafeteria.

He bought a Cummins from someone's grandpa earlier this week. I helped him remove the AARP stickers yesterday after work. But he wanted to keep the camper shell so he could still get special parking at the cafeteria.

Gotta have the shaggin shell for the hunnies at Kane’s and Walkers.

Gotta have the shaggin shell for the hunnies at Kane’s and Walkers.
Damn, I never even realized that's what the bedslide was for. Helps get em in and out!

1.Yep. It had slightly less miles.
2. The extra-douche size “C” stickers are already in the mail to replace them.
3. I wanna borrow some matches and set that fugly fuckin thing on fire.

Back