Harbor Freight Coupons ain't what they used to be!

R Q

I went to get another 4.5'' hand grinder of the Hercules brand and the 20% coupon wasn't allowed. Seems there's a lot of items and brands not covered with the coupon. A lot of fine print at the bottom of it now! :mad:

Tons of fine print these days. Tried to use a coupon on the Vulcan welding hood and the fine print says all Vulcan branded products now. It used to just be on the machines.

The “20% on anything” coupon on Black Friday was pretty much a sham, the prices were jacked so the 20% off still made the cost slightly more than when it was already discounted.

Everyone is Right. Just like the last catalog, Red Tag Christmas, with 20% / 30% & Extra $5 off $50. Each one has certain limits, most can not be used with the Sale coupon, & I Too, find items marked Up, from Other sales I've seen! It's "Tricky Dicky":poop:

They almost sucked me in, but I resisted.

EBA63EB7-A68D-46D3-B444-34D85BF1DF11.png

Some of there tools have come a long way but still alot of junk to be had. I just picked up one of the Titanium multi process welders and it seems to work well but we'll see how long it lasts (did get the extended warranty)

Some of there tools have come a long way but still alot of junk to be had. I just picked up one of the Titanium multi process welders and it seems to work well but we'll see how long it lasts (did get the extended warranty)
Anything I want to last, I Do get the extended warranty. Their Warranties are very reasonable!

Anything I want to last, I Do get the extended warranty. Their Warranties are very reasonable!
Anything I want to last, I get at Not Harbor Freight. :lol:

If you have one near you...make the switch to Northerntool, I just got a $50 off $250 and $20 off of $100 coupons. Seems like they send me a new set every couple of months.....and I have yet to see any exclusions on their coupons.

I go to harbor freight once every 6-12 months... in the last 2 years I have yet to buy anything.....I stand in line, with items in hand for 15 mins. while the only cashier tries to sell extended warranties and decipher coupon exclusions. This dance always ends in me walking back out the door vowing never to return (I think it finally stuck).

If you have one near you...make the switch to Northerntool, I just got a $50 off $250 and $20 off of $100 coupons. Seems like they send me a new set every couple of months.....and I have yet to see any exclusions on their coupons.

I go to harbor freight once every 6-12 months... in the last 2 years I have yet to buy anything.....I stand in line, with items in hand for 15 mins. while the only cashier tries to sell extended warranties and decipher coupon exclusions. This dance always ends in me walking back out the door vowing never to return (I think it finally stuck).
It's a lot of the same China stuff, but Northern also sells good name brand stuff and has a much wider selection. They both have their place, and I prefer Northern, but don't think that it's a better item just because it's at Northern.

healthy mix of chineesium, brand name, and US made items. BUT the coupons have no fine print, the stores are significantly more organized, and the people that work there seem to give a damn.

FWIW, the store brand generators are Northern also seem to be identical to the predator brand at harbor freight.

I’ll buy their sockets so my son can loose them in the yard instead of my good ones. Or as a trail kit that ends up missing this or that after a repair.

Harbor Freight just isn’t somewhere I’ve ever been able to get in to. Never liked the idea of ‘is this this gonna be the time the tool shits the bed’. Bought a two ton engine hoist from there once...just needed it for an afternoon. Paid $200, sold it a couple days later for $100. Only other time I was interested in buying something was for some wheel dollies, waited for someone to show up to the register for 15 minutes and left, ordered some from summit in the parking lot and got better pieces next day for a only a few bucks more. Most of my hand tools are crapsman/kobalt anyway, those are cheap enough I usually consider them throw away or I’ll be ok if something gets lost.

The owners yacht is so big it has a second yacht follow it as a support vessel.

Eric Smidt | his Crazy $150m INFINITY Yacht | SuperYachtFan
Sounds like he is doing something right.
I buy select tools and they have been great for my home shop use. Others have not been, so I don't buy those anymore, drill bits being one of those. The high volume air compressor ( like the Viair) has worked flawlessly airing up 37's after trail riding. It is also qualifies for the 25% coupon.
Maybe someone should start a Harbor Freight "good/bad tool" thread.

Back