Random pic thread.

On the way to work this morning at about 2:45 there were loads of deer out. Kind of strange cause it was pretty damn windy and no impending weather. Either way I come on this group of does on the left side of the road bucks on the right side. Slow way down and to a stop and this one just stands there no more than 20’ off the front of the grill of my truck. Took the picture through the windshield and the flash didn’t even phase him. Drove buy him and made eye contact through the passenger window. Still standing his ground. Looked like a decent 6pt.
8F9CFD01-4451-4867-9760-2F5A54DBC12B.jpeg

Bought a mini skid steer last week to expand the capabilities of what I can do besides grind stumps. Borrowed a 16' trailer from my cousin to haul both machines at once. It's a full load but it fits. The load seems to be balanced pretty good on the trailer. I've never hauled this much weight before so I'm kinda nervous about it. I have a job using both machines tomorrow already so hopefully everything goes pretty smooth. Combined weight of both machines is right around 4,000 pounds.
989ba0a6cfadae21241041ae2718cbe3.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Congrats man. Looks like a productive setup. For an operation like you've got, the shortest possible trailer would be ideal, so 16ft looks about perfect.

On the way to work this morning at about 2:45 there were loads of deer out. Kind of strange cause it was pretty damn windy and no impending weather. Either way I come on this group of does on the left side of the road bucks on the right side. Slow way down and to a stop and this one just stands there no more than 20’ off the front of the grill of my truck. Took the picture through the windshield and the flash didn’t even phase him. Drove buy him and made eye contact through the passenger window. Still standing his ground. Looked like a decent 6pt. View attachment 312867
Cause that fucker knew you couldn't do anything about it... He wouldn't of done that 2 months ago in the daylight.

On the way to work this morning at about 2:45 there were loads of deer out. Kind of strange cause it was pretty damn windy and no impending weather. Either way I come on this group of does on the left side of the road bucks on the right side. Slow way down and to a stop and this one just stands there no more than 20’ off the front of the grill of my truck. Took the picture through the windshield and the flash didn’t even phase him. Drove buy him and made eye contact through the passenger window. Still standing his ground. Looked like a decent 6pt. View attachment 312867

....he was blinded by the light revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night sneezin and wheezin. Moma told him always, to not look in the eyes of the sun, but moma that's where the fun is.

Little Denver's fuel war, doing Nicely today! Hwy 16 & Hwy 73. Dropping by the hour!
My parents were telling me about this last night. Said diesel was $2.36. Maybe there is an upside to this Coronavirus thing. Decreased demand leading to excess supply and lower prices.

I hate Amazon. But once in a while they are the cheapest option. I don't see how. It would have cost me $20 to ship this box. But somehow they put a $35 flashlight in it AND ship it to me for only $28.
IMG_20200229_151336.jpg

Got a new toy on Thursday...
IMG_20200227_081846.jpg

And broke it on Saturday.
IMG_20200229_123322.jpg

Fortunately it was an easy fix. Nut came loose on the tensioner, and the bolt backed out. Found the bolt in the gravel I was spreading, and my neighbor had a (very short) hi-lift, and a 5/8"-11 nut, so I was back in business in 10 minutes and didn't even have to walk home.

And if any of y'all ever strap down a piece of equipment this poorly, I'm going to steal your straps. It's a good thing no one pulled out in front of them. The parking brake wasn't even on.

<--Front of trailer
IMG_20200227_081640.jpg

Got a new toy on Thursday...
View attachment 312991
And broke it on Saturday.
View attachment 312989

Fortunately it was an easy fix. Nut came loose on the tensioner, and the bolt backed out. Found the bolt in the gravel I was spreading, and my neighbor had a (very short) hi-lift, and a 5/8"-11 nut, so I was back in business in 10 minutes and didn't even have to walk home.

And if any of y'all ever strap down a piece of equipment this poorly, I'm going to steal your straps. It's a good thing no one pulled out in front of them. The parking brake wasn't even on.

<--Front of trailer
View attachment 312990
It would have lost momentum before it traveled all 4326ft to the front of the trailer.

Back