I do septic systems.

Will Carter

A lot of land, house, shop building talk around here lately.

I’ve ended up getting my septic license for my own construction projects but would happily dig ditches in your yard too.

If you’re looking for the cheapest, that ain’t me. But if you’re looking for the most quality job for your buck and want to know the guy who did it. Hit me up for the finest shit ditches around.

Feel free to aks me questions if you have any.

Just shucked out 475$ for pump and inspection of a system from 1977, yesterday. Is that a fair rate? I was quoted 550 by another outfit.

A lot of land, house, shop building talk around here lately.

I’ve ended up getting my septic license for my own construction projects but would happily dig ditches in your yard too.

If you’re looking for the cheapest, that ain’t me. But if you’re looking for the most quality job for your buck and want to know the guy who did it. Hit me up for the finest shit ditches around.

Feel free to aks me questions if you have any.

Nice. I was supposed to go last year to the classes in Raleigh but I was too busy at work and couldn’t get off.

how are the classes?

Nice. I was supposed to go last year to the classes in Raleigh but I was too busy at work and couldn’t get off.

how are the classes?
The initial licensing class was pretty disappointing actually. Half of it is kind of a sales pitch over the 2 or 3 days. The other half seem to focus too much on the business side of things. Which I’d agree there were some people on there that needed it, but I don’t think it was really the place to try and educate on P&L’s and job estimating. That’s a whole different class. The continuing ed pump class I took this year was great. Lots of system design stuff that was helpful.

The initial licensing class was pretty disappointing actually. Half of it is kind of a sales pitch over the 2 or 3 days. The other half seem to focus too much on the business side of things. Which I’d agree there were some people on there that needed it, but I don’t think it was really the place to try and educate on P&L’s and job estimating. That’s a whole different class. The continuing ed pump class I took this year was great. Lots of system design stuff that was helpful.
Did you go to the pumps and control's class in Raleigh a few months back?

Or mine was pumps system design or something.
I went back and looked and the am class I took was on site technologies and the afternoon was controls. This year I'm going to look a little harder and try to get into a pumps class. The onsite tech class wasn't bad, it was basically an law's update. The controls class was a joke. If you already know how a float switch and the most basic pump panel work, don't waste your time.

Thanks for the info. I've got to get my license too. Up here in the mountains we usually just straight pipe to a creek. ;) I do have my class A water distribution license and cross-connection ORC. The Town of Biltmore Forest operates under my license now but with the new laws, I'll be selling myself to the highest bidder soon!

Just shucked out 475$ for pump and inspection of a system from 1977, yesterday. Is that a fair rate? I was quoted 550 by another outfit.
I paid $225 to have my tank pumped yeterday. My yard is a swamp this time of year and I question whether my drain field should have ever been approved.

I found an old tank in my yard and had a guy come pump it out. Well the dang thing ended up only like 3 feet deep. Smallest i have ever seen

c3bb708a66861a701b2def65198e43fe.jpg

Welcome to the industry, been doing septic repair/maintenance/install/inspection/pumping for 16 years now.

I found an old tank in my yard and had a guy come pump it out. Well the dang thing ended up only like 3 feet deep. Smallest i have ever seen

c3bb708a66861a701b2def65198e43fe.jpg

That was probably just serving the kitchen sink. IIRC, you had a 1000 gallon tank right off the driveway, probably about where your addition is now. The bigger one would have served everything else.

That was probably just serving the kitchen sink. IIRC, you had a 1000 gallon tank right off the driveway, probably about where your addition is now. The bigger one would have served everything else.
The big one is under the deck.

Welcome to the industry, been doing septic repair/maintenance/install/inspection/pumping for 16 years now.
Nice. Don’t know if I’m really “in”. We just end up doing some neighboring new construction installs when they’re in the area of our projects.

But debating on really pulling the trigger to get “in”.

What size equipment do you run? I’ve still been renting but seems like I always want the 18klbs machine when I’m running the 12klbs machine. But then sometimes the 12k machine gets tight in some places.

Nice. Don’t know if I’m really “in”. We just end up doing some neighboring new construction installs when they’re in the area of our projects.

But debating on really pulling the trigger to get “in”.

What size equipment do you run? I’ve still been renting but seems like I always want the 18klbs machine when I’m running the 12klbs machine. But then sometimes the 12k machine gets tight in some places.
Bobcat e42. Gets it done for us. We demo a Cat, Kabota, and a Yanmar. Bobcat was the smoothest.

It’s a good industry to be in. I make most of my money from pumping, but installing and repairing is pretty profitable. I make a point to tell my customers I’m not the cheapest, but I am the best.

Bobcat e42. Gets it done for us. We demo a Cat, Kabota, and a Yanmar. Bobcat was the smoothest.

It’s a good industry to be in. I make most of my money from pumping, but installing and repairing is pretty profitable. I make a point to tell my customers I’m not the cheapest, but I am the best.

Same with my industry. I never want to be the cheapest although sometimes I am. I always want to be the best and maintain the best communication and customer service. That model works no matter what the industry.

What size pump truck do you have?

Ok septic guys, got a question. My drain field is getting pretty swampy pretty much all over. The wetness isn't localized to one spot. Tank is getting pumped next week cause I know it hasn't been done in at least 8 years. I know that won't fix anything. I'm wondering if the combined wet as hell winter and now spring combined with a leaky tub faucet (fast drip, almost steady stream) could be the cause of my new squishy swamp... Anyone local enough to Gaston county that would mind checking it out?

Wish you were closer, just redid two drain fields the past month. If it is staying swampy then you're most likely going to need new laterals. Also I think most people don't realize that your septic should be pumped at least every couple years or better and not just after it fails.

Back