How's your Trane / American Standard?

rodney eppes

I'm still very satisfied with my A S! Only stopped once, in the first year, due to a blown fuse. Just one of those things, that so far has not happened again. Mine was installed in 2014, so might be a blessing it's not newer. See the Class Action Lawsuit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_233622102.jpg
    IMG_20200601_233622102.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20200601_233653157.jpg
    IMG_20200601_233653157.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 103
Crap! Ever caught yourself, Not understanding what you read? Sheeee. When I glanced through the Class Action, I remembered see the date, 2017. Checking my install, of 2014, Me says, Heyyy, I'm good! Wow, bucko. I just reread it, & caught the 2013/2014-Up to 2017! Then I checked My serial #. Yes sir, I'm on the List. So are a Million others!
Though I've Not had a problem, I will be allowed a service call with a Corrective fluid, If the Settlement goes through. Guess I need to call me Dealer, & get their advice.
Well, still a Good Post, I think!

Thanks for posting, ours is finally paid off (0% interest deal) so I better go see if it's on the list!

Holy Crap! Don't brag on Anything! Well, anything you care about. Been So happy with my American Standard, & talking with my brother around dinner time. He's getting a local guy to come service & clean his unit. Then I go take my walk, around 8 pm. Come back home, & WHAT? My thermostat is dead. Still holding at 74 degrees, as I start checking things. Breakers, power is on, inside the indoor unit. I find the fuse [0.5amp] that blew 3-4 years back. It's good. Sump pump is not full. Push the "door" switches, & hear the unit "check" itself. Damn, gotta Call the Man! Get the answering service, & give some info. Someone will call me back. Ok. Ten minutes, my phone rings! Wow! Service tech. We walk through a few things. Remove thermostat, & check for batteries; nope, wired straight. check the sump pump line for clogs, & if water is in the safety switch. Trip the float in the tank, & pump come on. Do 1 more check. Two yellow wires going to the pump, jump those, then go check if thermostat is on. YES YES YES! terrific, you just saved $130 service call & a $200 pump install! Pump relay [i think] is bad. Leave the wires "jumped", until you go to Home Depot, & buy a new one for about $90. Thank you/thank you/thank you, in my Gomer Pile voice! Me got Cold air again !:rockon:

Mine went out about two weeks ago. We've been without A/C upstairs and it's rough when the temps hit 90°+. We're waiting on the home warranty company to step up and get it fixed.

I’ve had a trane unit for 10 years now , nothing but constant problems and parts failures now my warranty is out .well see how it goes
My local dealer that installed didn’t register my warranty so they have had to cover all parts so far about 4k worth, so make sure your system warranty is registered .

Back