Settle it! What color is lemon lime Gatorade?

What color is lemon lime Gatorade

• Green

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • yellow

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN
So the wife and I were discussing Gatorade stains on our toddlers clothes this morning. Seems there is quite a debate as to what color lemon lime Gatorade is.

So, what do yall say?

Looks grellow, but if I have to pick a side I'd go with yellow. All the stock photos online make it even more yellow, so I submit this more neutrally lighted actual photo.
052000208054.jpg

It’s colored with FDC yellow #5 so technically it’s yellow

Chartreuse

This.

And chartreuse is one of the few acceptable non-primary color names that men can use. (Because fishing lures come in chartreuse, and it's not yellow)

True story, a friend/co-worker had a job traveling the southeast as a salesman for a fastener company for a few years before he worked w me.He noticed me drinking a lot of gatorade in the summer and told me not to drink "that shit, it will eat your stomach".He said one of his buyers was a gatorade factory.He said the production line had leaks everywhere and the fasteners, equipment etc. rusted fast where the gatorade spilled on them,even stainless and they needed to be replaced often.He said gatorade was pretty acidic.I really like the cucumber/lime gatorade and buy it when I can find it. It's not as sweet as the other flavors and is good for hydrating on a hot day, or for a hangover.

True story, a friend/co-worker had a job traveling the southeast as a salesman for a fastener company for a few years before he worked w me.He noticed me drinking a lot of gatorade in the summer and told me not to drink "that shit, it will eat your stomach".He said one of his buyers was a gatorade factory.He said the production line had leaks everywhere and the fasteners, equipment etc. rusted fast where the gatorade spilled on them,even stainless and they needed to be replaced often.He said gatorade was pretty acidic.I really like the cucumber/lime gatorade and buy it when I can find it. It's not as sweet as the other flavors and is good for hydrating on a hot day, or for a hangover.

The rust thing is just the chemistry of it. The electrolytes (what plants crave) are sodium and potassium, salts. Just like on cars up north or anything at the coast, salts cause rust.

The rust thing is just the chemistry of it. The electrolytes (what plants crave) are sodium and potassium, salts. Just like on cars up north or anything at the coast, salts cause rust.

Yup, and many stainless fasteners contain alot of iron to get the mechanical properties, which is why they rust.

Back