New Guy... Tried 5x to join site, Captcha Issues

jerzsubbie

Hi Guys,
I'm on many different forums and know Captcha is often used to prevent bots from creating BS accounts, but this version of captcha used presented some issues, almost preventing me from being able to join. Assuming you're not trying to limit the number of members, I thought I'd share...

A) this captcha doesn't work on iOS mobile. It doesn't allow you to even click on the photo in order to select it. I've seen other sites that will allow you to select a more basic captcha in these instances, but no such option was given in this case. I tried Safari and Chrome on my iPhone, no luck, so I gave up on trying to join last night.
B) The pictures are very difficult to see due to their size, even on my 15" laptop zoomed in, and some show such a small part of the full image that I had to guess which category it belonged to. With groups of plane/car, fish/house, and cat/flower, one of the pictures was something white with black dots, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't tell if it was a fish or a flower. I tried 3x before finally guessing correctly
C) On tries 2 & 3 on my laptop, using chrome, one of the images started out as the greyed out tiny pic so I couldn't tell what it was. Once you move the photo from the starting area to one of the three categories, the photo shrinks about 70% and turns black & white. Moving it back to the starting area doesn't change it back. Additionally, on attempt 3, the shrunken b&w photo changed its image from a flower to a car when i clicked on it to try to move it around.

These seemed really odd to me, not sure if they're known issues, or if I'm just an idiot (I hope not).

Welcome aboard! Thanks for persisting. Between the first trial of the captcha, and the second trial by hazing, very few people last more than a few days.

Russia?

Back