URE fall run October 22-25

88bronzetrooper

Just figured we should get this forum rolling. We have our next run at Uwharrie national forest October 22-25. We hope as many of you can come as possible. We will have a club dinner for members on Saturday and a raffle for members as well. We will split everyone up into groups based on there experience and what there comfortable in doing. So don’t worry even the newest people are welcome to come and experience the fun. We will continue to update this post so please check back!

Can't wait! Will definitely be coming up on Thursday morning. Also, we're trying to do a trail clean-up as well on Friday; will update with details when we get closer.

Ok...back in a forum yeah....
a4e45d843dae5773649e50a37045daea.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ok more plans. Anyone coming please let us know so we can plan dinner accordingly. We will be having 2 kinds of chili, a meat and a vegetarian. We will have corn bread and Boy Scout cobbler. As always it’s free to members and 5 dollars for guests.

Also Saturday night we will have our raffle. We are starting to get a lot of big stuff and should have some
Kickass items to give away. Remember it will be $3 a ticket for raffle tickets. And all dues paying members get 2 free tickets.

For trail riding we will be splitting people off into groups of 7-8 and will be organizing them by level of adventure! Everyone is encouraged to come and we will have trail guides ready from stock up to custom built rigs. So please don’t hesitate to come see what this is all about.

So starting off add to this list if your coming.

Dylan walker and daughter

Who else is already packing the truck? Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting out there.

Burgy

Are nonNissans permissible? I’m debating VA vs a local trip... running a CJ7 on 33s and trac-loks front and rear.

Last edited:
A buddy and I may join yall for the Friday AM trail clean up ride if that's ok. I'll be in the big ugly red trooper and buddy will be in a blue 4runner.

I'm in and we are bringing the Frontier and Travel Trailer. Dad is coming as well as a couple friends (Land Cruiser and a Disco) We will have Propane on the trailer and a generator for whatever is needed. Art Lilley will be more like glamping this year! Are we shooting for southwest corner again?(morning sun and evening shade)

Thanks for a great weekend guys! It was nice to meet everyone and I had a great time on the trails with y'all. (Special thanks to Chad for letting me ride along with him). Curious, but is there a place people are posting pictures/videos from the weekend?

Also, someone found my wallet on the trails and looked me up on Facebook. Said they're going to overnight it to me. Many thanks a lot to those of you who were willing to go up there and help me search, but talked me out of it. For the guys who took a pool, please contact me so I can pay y'all back. HenryYoung3@gmail.com / 803-577-2003

I look forward to seeing all of you at upcoming events!

Henry

Last edited:
I texted Dylan, but just wanted to publicly thank the gang who spent the first part of their Friday helping me with my pile. You guys are some true generous MacGuyvers.

After the cooling fan mishap was essentially diagnosed and handled (bad ignition-on source was preventing the fan from starting when it needed to), we found that my front driver brake line was failing and puking fluid about 1/10 through Dickey Bell. We pulled off and Dylan and the gang were able to dig up some fittings to plug the hardline and get me back to camp with 3 brakes functioning.

We went into Albemarle and surrounding areas looking for something that would get me back on the the trail, but unfortunately metric at the hardline and standard at the caliper was too much to ask for off the shelf, and nobody around who could make a hose had anything that would work or were unwilling to try and repair it. I'm going to rework the system to make it easier in case of a problem in the future (and carry a spare!)

Really can't thank yall enough for your generosity with your time, tools, brake fluid, and good attitudes. It was nice meeting y'all - hope to wheel again soon.

How did the cooling fan fix work other than being a manual quick fix? Motor stay cool? I'm sure we can find another switched source that is better voltage for that control board.

I texted Dylan, but just wanted to publicly thank the gang who spent the first part of their Friday helping me with my pile. You guys are some true generous MacGuyvers.

After the cooling fan mishap was essentially diagnosed and handled (bad ignition-on source was preventing the fan from starting when it needed to), we found that my front driver brake line was failing and puking fluid about 1/10 through Dickey Bell. We pulled off and Dylan and the gang were able to dig up some fittings to plug the hardline and get me back to camp with 3 brakes functioning.

We went into Albemarle and surrounding areas looking for something that would get me back on the the trail, but unfortunately metric at the hardline and standard at the caliper was too much to ask for off the shelf, and nobody around who could make a hose had anything that would work or were unwilling to try and repair it. I'm going to rework the system to make it easier in case of a problem in the future (and carry a spare!)

Really can't thank yall enough for your generosity with your time, tools, brake fluid, and good attitudes. It was nice meeting y'all - hope to wheel again soon.

Hey man, glad you made it to camp and found us here. Again no worries were all glad we could help and know you would do the same. You should come join us on more runs. We are getting a nice group of our members with other makes of trucks lol. The brake lines I’ll text you because I have a solution that I’m using on my truck that makes it easy for replacements and spares.

Man, it was a blast. Glad to have met so many people and have such a huge turnout. Glad I was finally able to run Daniel.

It was such a good time! Where else can you wheel while cleaning up the trail to earn $$ for the forest service, teach your kids about the environment and how to take care of it, meet lots of new people, see cool and unique rigs, eat camp chili and have a raffle????

the first cook on my raffle winnings!
IMG_3903.jpg

It was such a good time! Where else can you wheel while cleaning up the trail to earn $$ for the forest service, teach your kids about the environment and how to take care of it, meet lots of new people, see cool and unique rigs, eat camp chili and have a raffle????

View attachment 329537

GAVIN. STOP SHOVING THIS IN MY FACE! LOL

Cooking IN the house with it? Interesting.
The 2 burner is on sale off and on for $99. Pick one up then.

View attachment 329537

Back