Air hose options, big space

marty79

Getting a new shop soon, its got 3 doors front, 3 out back, 12 total "project" bays and looking for recommendations on plumbing air line throughout the shop without spending a fortune. I hear PVC is a nono!
Pipe seems pretty expensive considering the size of this shop.
There's some descent rubber kits in 300ft range for good price with fittings and all. (2 of these kits probably do most of it) Anyone use all rubber hose to plumb your shop?
If pipe is only true route, might wait and save up over time since other major fixes has to be done.

There is nothing better or easier than Maxline.
Imagine PEX tubing with an aluminum liner than helps it hold it's shape. I put this up in my shop a couple years ago and it is a totally awesome product. I ran 3 drops in my 34x40 shop and had about a foot of tubing left over. If I run my compressor (which I rarely do with such good battery tools these days), then look at the compressor gauge a week or two later and it will still have 90-100psi in it. The only other thing is to buy excellent quality quick connects so that they don't leak either.

Last edited:
There is nothing better or easier than Maxline.
Imagine PEX tubing with an aluminum liner than helps it hold it's shape. I put this up in my shop a couple years ago and it is a totally awesome product. I ran 3 drops in my 34x40 shop and had about a foot of tubing left over If I run my compressor (which I rarely do with such good battery tools these days), I'll take a look at the compressor gauge a week or two later and it will still have 90-100psi in it. The only other thing is to buy excellent quality quick connects so that they don't leak either.
I have rapidair awesome, its great.

All my suggested solutions are the polar opposite of what JF is looking for
(Cheap)
I'm with Matt though, maxline

My thing is....who still needs air for anything other than painting or filling tires?

My thing is....who still needs air for anything other than painting or filling tires?
Cause all I have is lots of air tools that work perfectly for me so why upgrade. Plasma cutter gets used a ton too.

I used PEX, 3/4" from the main tank ~50' away, then 1/2" to the feeds.
Using it for 18 years.... Wow that's been awhile.... Ugggg
X2. I would run a 3/4 pex line down the center and put a rose reel/drop for each pair of bays, depending how many people will be working at one time. Come off the 3/4" trunk with 1/2" drops to fixed devices like tire machine and plasma table.

All my suggested solutions are the polar opposite of what JF is looking for
(Cheap)
There's a heck of a lot more important things to do and invest in right now that's why

Got some pics of new business place.
20210306_125422.jpg
20210306_125511.jpg
20210306_125539.jpg
20210306_125559.jpg
20210306_125609.jpg
20210306_125623.jpg
20210306_124530.jpg
20210306_124521.jpg
20210227_120117.jpg
20210227_115652.jpg
20210227_115629.jpg
20210227_114942.jpg

I got a lot of work to get this shop ready but lots of hours, little sleep and itll get there lol. Here's the new shop!

Lots of space, pavement is gonna be sweet!! Not only work but looking forward to building my new rig on pavement for the first time ever!

Plans are front shop with bay doors for mechanic work (6 cars comfortably), rear shop 6 project bays for fab work. 1 bay off the front right for CNC plasma table where just enough room for forklift to load table through a 8ft door

Progress today
20210309_124020.jpg

I'm happy for ya man. You're chasing your dreams.
I see a lot of very dry and old exposed wood there. You have a construction background, so I'm sure you'll look out for fire prevention measures. It may be worth a chat with the landlord to be blunt. For what you want to use it for, they may be obligated to do some work themselves to make the city/county happy.

I'm happy for ya man. You're chasing your dreams.
I see a lot of very dry and old exposed wood there. You have a construction background, so I'm sure you'll look out for fire prevention measures. It may be worth a chat with the landlord to be blunt. For what you want to use it for, they may be obligated to do some work themselves to make the city/county happy.
Oh yeah we are getting things done, fixed modified to be safe and code compliant

Not sure for a commercial shop and code if there is such a thing, but I have had PVC in my shop for going on 17 years and no issues.

FullerFabFactory is ready to rock and roll. You could do a logo kinda like this because it looks like 3F and JF:
1615387143514.png

Please stay away from graphic design.
:confused: Do you really think I put any more effort into that beyond googling "3F logo"?

And I feel like there is a lot of missed sarcasm in my post too.

Back