Gun mounts for off roading.

SeverPenny123

As the title states I'm curious about what mounts yall use when off roading. I was thinking of using a magnet mount for the cj dash thats in my yj but do not know if it would hold good enough for rock crawling. Also tips on a shotgun mount for a jeep would be cool too.

As the title states I'm curious about what mounts yall use when off roading. I was thinking of using a magnet mount for the cj dash thats in my yj but do not know if it would hold good enough for rock crawling. Also tips on a shotgun mount for a jeep would be cool too.
Should have been more clear. I'm looking for a handgun mount and a shotgun mount able to securely hold my guns while offroading.

I have off roaded my tractor more than my old Jeep lately. I put a big sky gun rack on the sun shade support bars that are hooked to the ROPS. It works fantastic, keeps the rifle handy for ground hogs when bush hogging, and is completely out of my line of site.

Forgot the pic.

Attachments

• BCE46880-931D-49F6-B6C5-3160FEFA4060.jpeg
    BCE46880-931D-49F6-B6C5-3160FEFA4060.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 122
In my k10 I hose clamped a kydex holster to the steering column. It’s the only place to put it I could still reach it harnessed in

I came here expecting a discussion for a mini gun mount. Delusions of grandeur I guess. :popcorn:
I was instantly thinking of middle eastern Toyotas...

Should have been more clear. I'm looking for a handgun mount and a shotgun mount able to securely hold my guns while offroading.
Not to knock you, but why? You wheeling in places where you need to be in defense of your life? I carry concealed 99% of the time in town. I can honestly say I’ve never carried on the trail. Again, not calling you out. I’d just like a little more backstory.

I just CC on the trail. But a roof mounted long gun mount would be useful.

Not to knock you, but why? You wheeling in places where you need to be in defense of your life? I carry concealed 99% of the time in town. I can honestly say I’ve never carried on the trail. Again, not calling you out. I’d just like a little more backstory.
I wasn't goint to say it but glad you did.
I mean I get Harlan can be sketchy....but Id be more worreid abotu an accidental discharge than a methed out theive looking to steal my righ

Back