03 2500 hd 6.0 questions

jyaks

Too many kids for a TJ
Hello everybody :D
Alright I'm looking at buying a 2003 Chevy 2500hd with the gas 6.0 in it. I was just wondering how the 6.0 does towing, I would want to tow my trail rig with it. it wouldn't be towing all that often but wanted to see what Yall thought about it. Would I need a weighted plate? How bad is the Mpg really towing and unloaded ? O yea it is 4x4 and an automatic with 85000 miles on it

i have an 03 ccsb 4x4 with an unmolested 6.0l. i get 12 empty and more on hwy if i can keep it under 70. towing i get about 10. it tows great, its not a speed demon off the line, but has good brakes. i generally tow my xj and the combined weight is 13000lb, so yes you need a weighted tag to be on the safe side.

We used to have a 6.0 4x4 sb that we pulled a loaded 16 foot mow trailer with an it pulled great. Never had a bit of problems out of it and it always had plenty of power.

We towed an 18ft trailer full of landscaping equipment with a long bed ext cab. Pulled excellent down the road. You could tell it was working though. I'd have another one in a heartbeat. I liked how the chevy drove, put liked the power of the ford diesel.

I just bought a 03 6.0 with a 5spd and I love it. Pulled a buddy's Toyota other day it done great. For some reason no matter how I drive I get 14.6 mpg religiously. Probably a hair less towing. 6.0 is plenty power to pull a trail rig. If I ever get another truck it will be a brand new one cant go wrong

I pulled my 8500 pound dozer on a 1500+ pound trailer about 2 miles down the road last week with mine (2000 ExtCab Standard Bed 6.0, auto, 4x4). Pulled a ton better than the old 6.9 diesel in dads F350. Then pulled the skidsteer the next day (5000ish pounds) and it was not a problem at all. I'm looking forward to dragging something on a longer trip. With a load like the dozer, position on the trailer is very critical, so that theres enough tongue weight without totally squatting the backend of the truck.

Back