10 Bolt Question

Ricky B

Wiiide Open
Hey, I have two front 10 bolts, one is a 30 spline and one is a 28 spline. Here's my question, is the 30 spline really any stronger than the 28? Reason I'm asking is finding spare shafts/etc. for a 30 spline 10 bolt is hard whereas 28 spline stuff is all over the place, so is it worth me running the 30 spline?

Isnt the 30 spline the same as a 44 from earlier gms

bigger is better...

Rich said:
bigger is better...

I would run the bigger spline count....espically if you already have it. I beileve the 30 spline 10 bolt only came under the suburan 88-91'. Getting shafts isnt that big of a deal. I order a set of stock replacements yesterday for a customer. Up grading to chromoly is also a option.

Seth

The 30-spline front 10-bolt also came in K5 Blazer/Jimmy. I have heard that model year in the K5 and Sub is 89-91, maybe 88 but you have to check to be sure.

Check the classifieds on coloradoK5.com for people selling stock 30-spline shafts when they upgrade.

thecarman said:
The 30-spline front 10-bolt also came in K5 Blazer/Jimmy. I have heard that model year in the K5 and Sub is 89-91, maybe 88 but you have to check to be sure.

Check the classifieds on coloradoK5.com for people selling stock 30-spline shafts when they upgrade.

The change was 89 mid year some of the early 89 had the 28-spline
Mine has the 30. 1989 june make
J

jrraw23 said:
Dang you were right about there being alot of 30 spline spares at coloradok5, thanks.

Here's another question though, I read on offroaddesign.com that there is no u joint upgrade available for a 30 spline front 10 bolt?

So you have found a lot of front 30 spline shafts?
After market were custom and high $$ when I was looking, extras, they were hard to get used. I'm sure you could go dealer at a cost of custom shafts
J

Back