12 valve cummins work.

skyhighZJ

Gov retirement < needs to live
Looking for a reliable shop around Fayetteville to do a vaccum pump remove/rebuild/replace on. 97 12v CTD. Just don't want to do it myself cause it looks like a PIA.... Thanks in advance.

What's wrong with it? Leaking oil? Mine was leaking and I removed and resealed it in about 2 hrs. I removed the vacuum and power steering pump as a unit. Here is the reseal kit. GOULD GEAR & ELECTRIC INC. they are out of Murphy NC. Also plenty of online info on how to perform the repair

@powerstrokin04 yeah its leaking. Not bad but it pisses me off cause I don't like fluid leaks at all!! Is it not too bad of a process? Guess I need to do my online research a little better. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty at all and if it can be done on my own I'd sure love to save the $$!!

@powerstrokin04 yeah its leaking. Not bad but it pisses me off cause I don't like fluid leaks at all!! Is it not too bad of a process? Guess I need to do my online research a little better. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty at all and if it can be done on my own I'd sure love to save the $$!!
No its not bad. Once you remove intercooler pipe it's easier to get to. Mine took longer because I rebuilt the hydroboost and it took a while to bleed the steering system. Just research the procedure. The seal kit comes with installation tools that make the rebuild a breeze.

Very easy job. You can actually buy the kit from cummins, if you have a seal driver set or a lowes where you can buy some pvc you'll save a decent bit.

Back