12v or 24v

Yeah still on the hunt would like a 24v for the tune ability but still doing research and trying to find a good deal...

And nice truck yota I was going to probably get it if you backed out..but glad it worked out for ya man.

Still leaning towards the 24v been searching and found one with 123k for a screaming deal....

Well if you are looking towards the 24v you should put in your budget immediatly for a raptor fuel system. Dont want to take a chance on the factory LP. Stay away from the quadzilla programmer, great power (when it works) crappy customer service, i hated mine on my 01 dodge, changed to an edge juice and never looked back. The auto isnt as bad as everyone says if you learn how to drive it but ive always said the best money you will ever spend is in a built tranny (and if you buy one and need some tranny work there is an awesome guy here in winston, he did my first one and WILL be doing my current truck).

As far as other mods look at farmboys diesel in monroe for your exhaust, and if you ever get injectors i really liked my 240hp injectors i got from him. Dont like his customer service or him personally but the products were priced good, worked well and he is fairly close.

Now the only 2 downsides to the 12v are the dated interior and no plug and play tuneability. One good thing is you can gain extra hp in the driveway for free, just grind the fuel plate to a #0 and slide it about 3/4 of the way forward, get a good exhaust, and intake and roll out.

Either way you wont go wrong. Im on my 4th cummins, 1 first gen, 1 2nd gen 12v, and 2 2nd gen 24v's and i wont buy anything else. If you need any help feel free to PM me i like to think im a cummins guru and like to help other folks get into the cummins "spirit" lol.

Good deal I'll be talkin to ya I just picked up a 99 3500 4x4 with 122k on it for a pretty good deal yesterday..

SELF
PROCLAIMED
Yep you are right. Been doing the diesel thing for many years now, damn near 10 years. Done mods on many trucks, any many different kind of mods. Ive got lots of experiance with different setups on different trucks. Just because I dont own a shop doesnt mean a thing. I like to help other folks out with their stuff. Im not real sure why you see the need to post that or come across like I dont anything, but you dont know me so I see no reason for you to even post up.

Now if for some reason you have a problem with me trying to help someone thats asking for help, theres a time and place to take care of that, not in this guys thread. If not im sorry just seems like everytime I post an answer to something diesel related you have a smart comment. Im not sure whats up with this stuff.

Cjgolfer sorry to kinda hijack the thread, I dont know whats going on with hurley, but again if you would like any help ill be glad to do what I can. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. The truck has low miles for that year, most around there are upwards of 150,000 & getting closer to 200,000. Welcome to the world of diesel, now you will never look back lol.

Its all good I've owner three powerstrokes and this is the first Cummings and so far I'm liking what I've got and don't know much about them so any and all insure is good..

Yep you are right. Been doing the diesel thing for many years now, damn near 10 years. Done mods on many trucks, any many different kind of mods. Ive got lots of experiance with different setups on different trucks. Just because I dont own a shop doesnt mean a thing. I like to help other folks out with their stuff. Im not real sure why you see the need to post that or come across like I dont anything, but you dont know me so I see no reason for you to even post up.
Now if for some reason you have a problem with me trying to help someone thats asking for help, theres a time and place to take care of that, not in this guys thread. If not im sorry just seems like everytime I post an answer to something diesel related you have a smart comment. Im not sure whats up with this stuff.
Cjgolfer sorry to kinda hijack the thread, I dont know whats going on with hurley, but again if you would like any help ill be glad to do what I can. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. The truck has low miles for that year, most around there are upwards of 150,000 & getting closer to 200,000. Welcome to the world of diesel, now you will never look back lol.

I'm glad you're quick to the draw with an agitated response, my post was in jest.... are you accusing me of post-stalking?

also, for this thread and the entire forum: Internet = Serious Business.

I'm glad you're quick to the draw with an agitated response, my post was in jest.... are you accusing me of post-stalking?
also, for this thread and the entire forum: Internet = Serious Business.
Im "agitated" because i was just offering to help the guy and you posted that. Like you said its the internet, i dont know how you meant it, personally im not very "internet savy" but i take the captal letters as serious, and i would think someone that is joking would lead on to that in a place where you cant see facial expressions or tell if theres sarcasm. I usually dont post unless i think i can actually help and this is the reason why.
Anyways if you were just joking excuse me i was wrong. I will now bow out and stop cluttering the post with our bs.

You mean impossible and that's an iPhone for ya trying to spell for me..cummins

Needless to say I'm pleased with my truck and look forward to building it..

If I have a 53 block and something happens.. what would one do...is it under some kind of warranty?

Nope, there is a lawsuit going around that some folks are involved in but in reality you could use the locknstitch method or replace the block.

Back