1500s???

My situation recommendation.

• Total voters

Zebbie

My long story trying to keep short. I don't know about pickups so I need some help. I'm tired of towing my popup 100 miles to ure with 2.5I jeep on 35s. And also want to take a camping trip or 2 to the mountains. I am looking at 2010 or 11 silverado 5.3, sierra 5.3 , and ram 5.7. I want to keep truck for at least 10 years and not out grow it. Might some day pull jeep or buy a bigger camper. Popup is about 3000lbs all packed up. What are pros, cons, recommedations for my situation? There is not much for reviews of these years on utube. Mostly 2015 + 16. Are these 3 pretty much same quality and I should buy from looks and features? Thanks!!

Personally, I think you can pick up a decent 2500 for a similar price, pick up a 6.0 Chevy and not worry about growing out of it. A 1500 is for hauling a dirt bike or mulch. Not at the same time.

Not the dodge. The Silverado and Sierra are basically the same truck with the Sierra having a few nicer upgrades, so I hear.

I'd go with the GM gasser over any of the other big 3 but would choose the Tundra over the 1500 GM gasser.

Not the dodge. The Silverado and Sierra are basically the same truck with the Sierra having a few nicer upgrades, so I hear.

I'd go with the GM gasser over any of the other big 3 but would choose the Tundra over the 1500 GM gasser.

This.

I tow with a 2006 1500 Crew Cab 5.3. It gets the job done. If you are towing just 3000 pounds and that is all you ever want to tow, look at a Tacoma or something also. Sierras and Silverado's basically just have a different front grill, it is all in what you like. I like the Chevy trucks because they are everywhere and parts are cheap. The Dodge is fine though.

A new tacomas tow rating is right at 6500 pounds. My buddy has a ram with the 5.7 and I can hardly keep up with him with the 6.2 ford gasser. They all make good trucks and some bad ones as well, good luck with your choice.

My $0.02...

After towing for several years with a 2004 Hemi Durango, I think you wouldn't go wrong with the Dodge 1500!

I would never have imagined not having anything less than a 3/4 ton to tow with until I towed with that Durango, (which in 2004 was essentially a 1/2 ton truck chassis).

Back