19.5 tire ?'s

Qwk87Coupe

I recently picked up a set of direct bolt 19.5's for my 05 F350 2wd Dually. Are there any safety concerns running these "light duty" ton truck? I haul my camper and DD the truck at times. I'm looking on the cheaper end of the tire spectrum, but I've read some reviews of people having traction and hydroplaning issues when not loaded? Anyone have first hand experience? FWIW the wheels are aluminum 19.5x6 and I plan to level the front and run a 8r19.5 for the added height. The tires in question are Samson GL283 which seem to have a pretty good review in the RV world.

Keep them aired up so they don't over heat and blow out, just like with any tire. Keep them balanced so they'll wear evenly and last as long as possible. They're a Chinese made tire, but they actually make some decent tires over there.

Keep them aired up so they don't over heat and blow out, just like with any tire. Keep them balanced so they'll wear evenly and last as long as possible. They're a Chinese made tire, but they actually make some decent tires over there.
Good deal! On second thought it looks like I'll be going with the 225/70R19.5. The 8r was a little taller and more narrow then I expected.

Back