1966 F350 Value

cyoung

Ran across this truck and am wondering about value. I haven't seen it but it sounds pretty original, V8, 4 speed, very little rust, good tires, runs well, appears to be original paint? etc. Can't find much on line or any much for sale for comps. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Attachments

• 66 1.jpg
    66 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 66 3.jpg
    66 3.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 66 2.jpg
    66 2.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 74
These big trucks usually don’t yield much at all. See nice ones all the time for under 5k and some as low as 1500. It’s more of just a cool factor. I gave 2500 for a pretty nice 53 ford 650

These big trucks usually don’t yield much at all. See nice ones all the time for under 5k and some as low as 1500. It’s more of just a cool factor. I gave 2500 for a pretty nice 53 ford 650
Yeah it would basically just be the cool factor plus a truck that’s useful once in a while!

Upgraded rear axle is nice. Makes me suspect the brake system is either upgraded. Or it's stock and assuming not very good with that rear axle due to cylinder sizes. Dump bed adds a good bit to one but without unfortunately I'm guessing it's worth about 2k max due to no rust plus whatever the rear axle and brake system is.

Besides cool-ness they are outdated and require quite a bit of work or an expensive kit to upgrade the front drums to disk. Finding a matching front axle to that rear would rid of the front split rims for modern 10 lug disk and all but the brake system would definitely require upgrading at that point. If stock it has a single brake cylinder reservoir but does have power brakes with the booster under the cab. Manual steering. Weird front slider spring setup that wears out. I've never seen one with anything but a NP435 / 390 FE stock. The cabs are not very compatible with F250/F100 frames without some work.

The good. Frames make it easy to convert to 4wd by just removing everything and add everything from a 4wd with about a 4" lift and low pinion axle and divorced t-case. The rear is an easy swap due to being compatible with any truck before 90's sometime that was a cab and chassis. Some after that but most went wider.

Could possibly have a stock flat bed with "FORD" inscripted in the back. They are bringing a bit now days ($300-$600) but they are only wide enough for a 66 or earlier unless you use it as a single wheel.

Hope that helps.

I was thinking $2500ish before I read through the comments. As cool as old trucks are, they are not all that practical.

Finding a matching front axle to that rear would rid of the front split rims for modern 10 lug disk and all but the brake system would definitely require upgrading at that point.

Just from gandering at the pictures, it looks like somebody put some newer 19.5s on it. I can't spot a split ring.

I was thinking $2500ish before I read through the comments. As cool as old trucks are, they are not all that practical.
The are two trucks @ the farm - '56 F5 or F6 & a '66 F-500 or F-600...sweet rides, brakes & brake service are always issues with them, stops poorly, etc.

Blow up the pic you can see where the ring is separate than the rim.

No I cant 🤷‍♂️ The only gap I can see is between the rim center and the outer hoop. They're also 19.5s...so they wouldn't be factory rims to that truck. @cyoung go take more pictures :D

Upgraded rear axle is nice. Makes me suspect the brake system is either upgraded. Or it's stock and assuming not very good with that rear axle due to cylinder sizes. Dump bed adds a good bit to one but without unfortunately I'm guessing it's worth about 2k max due to no rust plus whatever the rear axle and brake system is.

Besides cool-ness they are outdated and require quite a bit of work or an expensive kit to upgrade the front drums to disk. Finding a matching front axle to that rear would rid of the front split rims for modern 10 lug disk and all but the brake system would definitely require upgrading at that point. If stock it has a single brake cylinder reservoir but does have power brakes with the booster under the cab. Manual steering. Weird front slider spring setup that wears out. I've never seen one with anything but a NP435 / 390 FE stock. The cabs are not very compatible with F250/F100 frames without some work.

The good. Frames make it easy to convert to 4wd by just removing everything and add everything from a 4wd with about a 4" lift and low pinion axle and divorced t-case. The rear is an easy swap due to being compatible with any truck before 90's sometime that was a cab and chassis. Some after that but most went wider.

Could possibly have a stock flat bed with "FORD" inscripted in the back. They are bringing a bit now days ($300-$600) but they are only wide enough for a 66 or earlier unless you use it as a single wheel.

Hope that helps.
At the risk of asking a really dumb question... From the 3 pics above, how can you tell it has an upgraded axle? the add actually does say "...all new brake system , re drilled 19.5 wheels rebuilt heads, new exhaust everything to make it reliable Id drive it anywhere."

At the risk of asking a really dumb question... From the 3 pics above, how can you tell it has an upgraded axle? the add actually does say "...all new brake system , re drilled 19.5 wheels rebuilt heads, new exhaust everything to make it reliable Id drive it anywhere."
10 lug from a more modern F450 or bigger. Sounding more interesting now...

The stock dana 70 rear ends in 1966 fords were a bit weak if over loaded. They had a much smaller diameter pinion and bearing that would be close to impossible to find today with like a 1310 u-joint. Chonical (sp?) washers on the wheel hub bolts that wore due to rust if not maintained regularly. And only 1 axle retaining nut holding the axle shaft in. It's not uncommon to see one where the stock rear wheel and axle shaft decided to slide out and go a different direction leaving a fubar'd spindle that's welded on.

Back